We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
National Tire Distributors is Canada's leading Tire Distribution Company. A key element of our success has always been our people. As part of our team philosophy, we coach, support and help develop all of our employees to become the best they can be! If you're looking for a career that will challenge you, a job that will offer growth, and a progressive employer, then National Tire Distributors Inc. (NTD) is the right place for you!
The Driver is responsible for the delivery of tires, wheels, and other product to NTD’s customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate company delivery vehicles according to all relevant legislation and policies
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks and clean trucks as scheduled and/or required
- Provide a high level of customer service to all NTD customers
- Accept payment from cash on delivery customers, and ensure this payment is received by the Distribution Centre for processing
- Complete deliveries & return to DC within the time frame of the route plan
- Load & unload tires as required to perform delivery duties
- Work in the DC as required
- Other duties as assigned
Experience that Best Prepares You:
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean MVR
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to start, control and maintain a complete process or procedure, while keeping safety and compliance at the forefront
- Ability to carry out verbal and written instructions, as well as provide instructions to other associates
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!