Job Location: 84 South Service Rd., Mississauga, ON, L5G 2G9
Wages: $ 18.75 - $ 19.00 per hour
Terms of employment: Permanent Full time (32-40 hours/week)
Person is required to perform following duties:
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Meet with parents to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Teach proper eating habits and personal hygiene.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Supervise, evaluate, and plan assignments for teacher assistants and volunteers.
- Maintain the healthy and safe environment for the children.
Education: Completion of diploma in Early Childhood Education.
Work Experience: 7 months to less than 1 year.
Other credentials: Member of the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE), Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate, First Aid Certificate, CPR Certificate
Language requirement: English