As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver’s licences
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Program Supervisor, assists in teaching, cooking, housekeeping, and laundry duties.
- Directs and participates with children in planned routine activities and related discipline.
- Assists the Child Care Cook in housekeeping and laundry duties.
- Maintains a clean and orderly centre.
- Interacts with staff and parents.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Diploma in early childhood education or early childhood education equivalency
- Knowledge of the Ontario Child Care and Early Years Act
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- A demonstrated ability to meet and work with people
- Cooking and housekeeping skills are assets
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Minimum 4, maximum 7 hour shifts between the hours of 6:45 am - 6:00 pm, as required due to enrollment and staff absences.
- Must undergo a successful Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
- Must have and maintain First Aid Certification
- Must have and maintain Safe Food Handling Certification (Level 1)
- Must have and maintain an up-to-date record of immunization
- Prior to commencing employment, must provide documentary evidence of having undergone a one-step tuberculosis skin test
- Must have and maintain membership with the College of Early Childhood Educators