EASTERN LOGISTICS MANAGER
January 11, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
The Eastern Logistics Manager will be responsible for both strategic and tactical managing of domestic and international logistics. You will provide high-level oversight of global imports to ensure all regulations are adhered to while optimizing the supply chain. Your leadership skills will create and promote an environment where employees are engaged, empowered and committed to the success of the company.
- Responsible for the management of supplier relationships for freight and logistics activities for inbound containers, LCL shipments and Eastern Canada over the road movements
- Develop strong relationships with key transportation providers to ensure the most cost-effective movement of materials while providing excellent customer service, in compliance with the Responsible Distribution initiatives
- Lead team in a manner that encourages the team to take ownership and responsibility for function and productivity.
- Monitor and enhance individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and counselling to obtain desired results
- Optimize transportation management and integrate best practices throughout the supply chain
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership, management and team building experience. Demonstrated leadership qualities, able to engage and influence team and external partners
- Completed post-secondary degree or diploma in related field; additional professional designations are assets (i.e. CITT, PLOG).
- Minimum 10 years of Transportation experience with international, domestic expertise along with a background in trade compliance
- TDG experience definite asset
- Bilingual (English/French) written and oral communication skills (preferred)
- Excellent computer skills. JD Edwards or SAP experience preferred
- Must be self-motivated, customer driven, dynamic and professional
- Ability to work independently and handle pressure
- Excellent organizational skills, customer driven and good understanding of TQM, Continuous Improvement and Quality Assurance
- Proven interpersonal, communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Proven organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills
- A willingness to travel overnight, up to 20% of the time
Competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience
Bill Henderson - Senior Advisor, Talent Strategy & Engagement
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the “APPLY” button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Bill Henderson: http://stoakley.com/meet-bill-henderson/
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result, we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries.
This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture
By you (“the applicant”) submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. (“SSC”) the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant’s personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC’s clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant’s qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant’s verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Website: www.stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart