Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Located in Milton, Ontario, Modatek Systems is a divsion of Magna International. At Modatek, our dedicated team produce chassis systems utilizing innovative hydroforming, automated welding, and electrostatic coating processes within a large, safety-focused facility.
The E-coat Team Member is responsible for analyzing, evaluating and adjusting e-coat system in accordance with the E-coat Process Operating Manual. Monitor and maintain operational equipment including wastewater system. The E-coat Team Member is also responsible for test painted panels/samples in accordance with customers’ performance standards and specifications.
• Collects samples from the e-coat process stages as recommended in the e-coat process operating manual and perform sample analyses
• Conducts testing on painted products/ panels for corrosion performance requirements as specified by customers’ test methods
• Records test results and corrective action on the specified forms / log sheets as a requirement for internal / external quality system audits
• Maintains inventory on laboratory test solutions and assist with calibration / maintenance of lab equipment.
• Practices and promote continuous improvement of the e-coat processes and identify possible cost reduction opportunities
• Monitor and maintain operational equipment including conveyors, overhead cranes, heat exchangers, zinc phosphate sludge filter, chemical treatment equipment, waste water treatment plant, filter press, electro-coat anodes and filters, reverse osmosis and soft water supply.
• Operate waste water treatment equipment to meet provincial and federal discharge guidelines.
• Perform preventative maintenance of the waste water and electro-coating line.
• Performs operations in a manner consistent with Modatek’s objective for quality, responsiveness, and cost.
• Establish and maintain effective communications with all departments.
• Complete documentation as required by the department to meet audit specifications.
• Monitor, record and report all daily process tanks’ concentration, temperatures and pH.
• Follows and complies with all Operational Procedures and Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environment programs (ie. TS16949, ISO14001)
• Understands, promotes and lives by Magna’s philosophies and Employee Charter.
• Adhered to Modatek’s core values: integrity, respect, trust, honesty, fairness and loyalty.
• Ability to uphold confidentiality
• Performs other duties as required
- Post-secondary Diploma in chemical or mechanical technology or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three (3) years industrial experience required with at least one (1) year in a tier one electrocoat paint line
- Waste Water experience preferred
- Must be able and willing to learn new processes
- Computer proficiency; working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, and Power point
- Require to work a three-shift rotation or other shifts, as required by business needs
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Must possess initiative and willing to learn and adapt to changes and new
- Ensure that your department is clean, tidy, organized and a safe workplace at all times
- Must hold or obtain a certified lift truck license
- Follows and complies with all Operational Procedures and Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environmental Programs (ie. TS16949, ISO14001)
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
• Our people are our greatest asset. As a valued Modatek team member, we offer you:
• A great work experience with a dedicated and diverse workforce
• A focus on safety, health and wellness, including a corporate wellness program, fitness membership discounts, and a subsidized cafeteria with health concious options
• Competitive extended health benefits
• A group RRSP with employer matching
• Participation int he Employee Equity and Profit Sharing Plan
• Company paid uniforms, allowances for prescription safety glasses, earplugs and safety shoes
• Staff appreciation events
• Continuous training and development, including an educational reimbursement program
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.