JYSK is one of the world’s leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers. First established in Denmark in 1979, JYSK operates retail stores which sell everything for your home throughout Europe and internationally and are now present across 52 countries with over 2,800 stores.
Although JYSK today is a global business, the company is managed based on its Scandinavian roots. This reflects in JYSK’s company culture and the way it does business.
The first Canadian JYSK store was opened in Coquitlam, BC in 1996. Today, JYSK operates 61 stores across Canada, including locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Québec
JYSK is seeking an experienced Director, eCommerce to join our Senior Management Team on a permanent, full time basis. Reporting directly to the CEO, this position is a strategic role that supports on delivering JYSK’s strategy of “Seamless and Closer to the Customer”. The Director, eCommerce possesses the right balance of developing strategy and operational excellence in online marketing, user interface, and merchandising. This role partners extensively with Buying, Retail and Marketing to maximize revenues by anticipating customer needs, exceeding their expectations, increasing traffic and improving conversion.
The ideal candidate brings a successful track record of developing and executing an eCommerce strategy in a fast-growing business. If you are someone that is passionate, high energy, innovative and results driven, this is the opportunity for you!
- Lead the eCommerce team to maintain site content, search functionality, implementation of new products and launching campaigns
- Partner with internal departments to enhance the online customer experience and maximize performance
- Develop innovative solutions for Omni Channel, Online Commerce Digital and Social Marketing Solutions, including logistics involved with Web order fulfillment, delivery, in store pickup, drop shipping and ship to store
- Develop, plan, and execute SEO and SEM along with digital and social marketing strategies which leverage online platforms to build awareness and drive visitation in stores and online.
- Build business cases and develop plans to resolve unfavorable trends in sales, expenses and profitability
- Monitor industry trends and share knowledge with internal stakeholders
- Ensure a great digital experience for our customers
- Five or more years’ experience in a relevant role; specifically, in online merchandising, marketing, Google analytics SEO and SEM
- A proven track record in running a successful ecommerce business that experienced significant growth
- Experience in leading and managing successful teams
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in online electronic retailing; understands competitors’ business models and promotional tactics, studies and analyzes key performance indicators of customers’ behavior
- Proven leadership in P&L management
- Proven track record in being a member of the Senior Management Team and challenging others to move the organization forward and driving strategy
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and track and report on their effectiveness