Please ensure you meet all minimum requirement prior to applying.
The primary role of the Egg Pasteurizer Operator position is the safe and efficient operation of our two pasteurizing machines, mixing and batching of products, maintaining standards according to regulatory requirements, and accurately completing documentation required for the manufacture of safe and high quality food products. The Egg Pasteurizer Operator is a member of the Vanderpol team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve department goals, works closely with Breaking, Pail off, and Carton machine operator, and provides support to other roles within the egg operations as required.
The Egg Pasteurizer Operator role includes:
- Production - Prepare the pasteurizer for product, perform routine maintenance to ensure ongoing pasteurizer operation, and shut down pasteurizer at end of production run.
- Quality Control - Follow all standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory requirements.
- Food Safety & Environment
- Continuous Improvement
- Previous Pasteurizing experience (Dairy or Egg) is mandatory!
- High school diploma and two years’ experience in a high volume manufacturing environment related to food, chemical packaging, and/or a similar industry.
- Working knowledge of HACCP, SQF, or other quality systems.
- Strong technical competence I.E. Proven ability to safely operate production/processing equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude. Dexterity to turn valves, connect pipes, assemble fittings.
- Fluent English (verbal and written communication skills) with the ability to follow and give clear instructions.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Ability to lift an estimated 25kg (55lbs)
- Capability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Working proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, and spreadsheet/database (MS Excel). PLC experience an asset.
- Time management skills, multitasking skills, the ability to prioritize tasks within a fast-paced environment and the ability to collaborate with others to achieve team goals.