WHAT WE ARE ABOUT
Western Global is the world’s leading supplier of mobile fuel storage solutions. With locations in: Europe; North America; and the Middle East; Western Global designs, manufactures, and delivers innovative fuel and fluid storage solutions, providing refueling equipment across the world regardless of the application.
Innovation and engineering excellence drive us forward.
We strive for continuous improvement in product development to meet customer requirements. We contribute our drive and our success to our world-class team and are currently seeking to add a like-minded passionate individual to join our organisation.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Within our growing projects business, you will design a tailored solution to suit our client’s needs.
You will lead on the electrical, instrumentation and controls design within a multi-disciplined team of engineers and CAD specialists to deliver a wide variety of fueling solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Making electrical load, short-circuit and over current protection calculations
- Developing electrical equipment and power distribution equipment specifications
- Preparing electrical single line drawings, schematics and detailed drawings
- Working with programmable logic controller (PLC) configurations and ladder logic diagrams
- Designing point-point wiring diagrams and selecting components to build PLC/control panels
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) software to provide:
- equipment layouts
- building services
- motor controls
- AC and DC control schematics
- grounding and lighting protection
o Client interaction
- Support with on-site visits for new project opportunities
o Project management
- Assisting with securing electrical service and rates for project and bids
- Working with local authorities and subcontractors for electrical construction work
- Developing equipment schedules and material takeoffs
- Preparing requests for bids for subcontractors and material vendors
- Coordinating with other departments to deliver project requirements effectively
o Installation & maintenance
- Checking arrangements of electrical, controls and workings for interference within the mechanical and structural plan to aid in developing the best layout for the specific project.
- Mounting of panels on/in to our tanks and wiring according to the required codes
- Keeping up to date on electrical codes and standards
WHAT MAKES YOU RIGHT FOR THIS ROLE
- Customer focus
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with electro-mechanical and process equipment
- High school diploma required or suitable experience in performing administrative duties
- Advanced training and experience in electrical power systems design and distribution
- Experience with CAD software ideally SolidWorks or AutoCAD
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High levels of both verbal and written communication
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize
- Attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Logical thinking
- Previous hands-on electrical work experience
- Experience with information systems and ERP systems ideally NetSuite
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Confident manner, good presentation skills
- Determination - not easily discouraged or put off
- Passion, enthusiasm and charisma
- Innovative – prepared to see beyond how it has been done before
- Positive outlook – always sees opportunity through any adversity
- Resilient – ready to bounce back from any challenges
- Assertive – gets things done when they need to be
- Positive, self-motivated and with a helpful attitude.
If you want to know any more...just get in touch.