At BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. (formerly GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada Inc.) we are committed to excellence in every business initiative. BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada (BWXT NEC) has achieved an enviable international reputation for excellence in the supply of nuclear fuel and fuel handling systems and service for CANDU reactors in both domestic and international markets. Our success is the result of our commitment to our employees, customers, quality & EHS initiatives.
We are seeking a Electrical and Controls Designer/Drafter - Fuel Handling for our Peterborough, ON location.
BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada is involved in the design, manufacture, development, testing and service of on-power refueling and reactor maintenance tooling sold around the world. Today, BWXT’s equipment is being used in most of the nuclear power plants in Canada. Check out the YouTube video of an innovative product we recently designed and manufactured in partnership with Bruce Power, called the Bruce Reactor Inspection and Maintenance System Channel Access Device. Go to YouTube and search for video: “Bruce Unveils new BRIMS Tool”. There are exceptional opportunities to learn and grow with a career in the nuclear industry in Ontario.
The Peterborough community invites you to take a deep breath, relax and enjoy life. We have an abundance of recreational opportunities, festivals, and entertainment that is fueled by culture, nature and homegrown culinary experiences. Friendly people, inspiring landscapes, rich forest tracts, and incredible lakes are waiting for you in the heart of cottage country. The region is home to 140,000 people (approx. 83,000 in the City of Peterborough) in addition to the charming towns, townships and villages that make up the County. We offer the best of all worlds here and we’d like you to get to know us a bit better. http://peterboroughed.ca/why-peterborough/live/
At BWXT NEC, you will work on technically challenging projects as a member of the Electrical and Control Engineering team in support of on-power refueling systems for CANDU reactors.
Participate in the development and drafting of designs for automated and semi-automated equipment. We are looking for individuals who are interested in a Contract postition
- Develop concept designs into detail drawings & bills of materials for equipment, sub-assemblies or product using CAD packages AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, and Autodesk Inventor
- Work in a multi-disciplined engineering environment with teams of Professional Engineers and Technologists.
- Produce and update general assembly drawings, interconnection block diagrams, functional block diagrams, cable assembly drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring lists, and bills of material.
- Selection of instrumentation, control, and power components based on Engineering requirements
- Participate in design reviews and occasional customer review meetings, providing resource information and design input.
- Liaise with customer design and operations personnel to gather site-specific design information.
- Assist others on specific projects.
- Occasional travel to customer site locations within Ontario
- 5 years or more electrical and controls design drafting experience
- AutoCAD experience required, AutoCAD Electrical and Inventor experience an asset.
- Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills, and work effectively with others.
- Possess working knowledge of fundamental drafting technique
- Must be able to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- Electronics Engineering •Technology diploma and strong academic achievement
- Competence in control system design and design processes
- Creative problem-solving skills, outstanding analytical abilities, demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work in a team
- 3D parametric modeling experience an asset
- Most importantly…. creative and innovative thinkers!
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) or greater qualification
- Membership in OACETT or other certifying organization.
- OPG/Bruce Power Online Line Wiring Editing Experience
BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.