Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity available for an Intermediate Electrical Designer/CAD Technologist at our Mining & Minerals business Saskatoon office. Reporting to the Manager, Electrical/Instrumentation and working alongside other team members locally, you will have the opportunity to provide support for a wide variety of project functions. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast pace environment, this opportunity is for you.
With over 460 staff, the Saskatoon Mining & Minerals office has served the Saskatchewan market for over 40 years. The Saskatoon office specializes in both domestic and international potash and uranium projects is a regional center for the mining and mineral processing industries.
- Implement project CAD procedures and guidelines
- Lead Designer, overseeing design of junior staff
- Complete Design/Drafting for Electrical packages which will include cable tray layout, lighting design and schematic creation
- Creation of design calculations which include voltage drop, lighting levels, cable tray fill and heat trace wattage.
- Responsible for electrical CAD drawings, checks and the overall presentation and layout
- Co-ordination of drawing packages for issue and prepare issue folders for electronic files
- Develop and enhance project CAD systems
- Establish and maintain the interface with department 3D models and reference 2D backgrounds from model
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Experience in cable tray, lighting, fire alarm, small power and schematic diagram development for heavy industrial applications
- Minimum of 12 - 15 years’ experience in light to heavy industry
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to work in both design office and operating plant environments
- Expertise using AutoCAD and working knowledge of 3D design/drafting PDMS
- Current legal authorization to work in Canada without sponsorship
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.