The Opportunity | Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
Under general direction, performs various analyses, design and/or assembly related to manufacturing or industrial engineering projects. Develops, implements, maintains methods, operation sequence, and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Interfaces with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products. Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
* Establishes Manufacturing process flow and work instruction. Create and update manufacturing standard procedure, which defines specific manufacturing processes
* Performs various operational or methods analyses related to labor standards and reviews product/project flow data, equipment and labor requirements for use in conducting manufacturing operations, increasing productivity and reducing production unit cost
* Assists in the evaluation of engineering changes and/or other specifications requirements and performs as technical liaison with other engineering personnel such as program management, finance, design, quality, procurement, inspection, and production
* May interface with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products and conduct review of engineering drawings prior to release
* Perform product troubleshooting and root cause and corrective action investigations
* Perform assembly and test work as required to support production
* Bachelor's Degree, Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering or equivalent
* 3 years' experience in a mechanical assembly environment
* Knowledge of basic electronic and mechanical assembly principles
* Solidworks tool design and familiarity is desired
* Ability to read and understand drawings and specification, and MS Office suite or products
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled