Currently we are seeking individuals for the following position, please take note that this position is time sensitive and we advise you to apply immediately and express your skills and abilities that pertains to the job description.
If you are an experienced Site Electrical Superintendent looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help!
Site Electrical Superintendent
12 Months Contract (Long-term Projects, Extension Available)
Thunder Bay/Wawa, ON
IMPORTANT CONDITIONS OF THE PACKAGE
-If you are physically living outside of 80 KM from the site – ONLY THEN You will be given per diem $$$/day (Housing & Food)
-$$$/Monthly travel allowance to travel when applicable.
-Company truck given on the site, and to travel around for work.
-Strong background in Power/Utilities industry
-Previous job titles include Site Superintendent, Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Operations Supervisor, etc.
-Powerline technician or similar professional certifications, training or experience
Safety and Environmental
- Know project safety/environmental requirements. Set a good example in the field and in the office.
- Participate in safety discussions and observations during morning POD. Make suggestions to improve safety.
- Perform daily safety inspections with crews. Sign every JHA at every work location you visit during the day.
- Read each JHA thoroughly. Evaluate for correctness and completeness. Suggest adds/changes if needed.
- Be alert to safety violations. If observed, discuss corrective action with foreman. Stop work if necessary.
- Engage the crew members as you go about your inspections. Get to know them. Attaboys are welcome.
- If landowners approach the crews, direct them to the office trailer for resolution of their concerns.
- Observe site environmental compliance. Notify environmental monitor of anything not in conformance.
- During every site visit, watch for downed silt fence and notify the environmental inspector immediately.
- Read and understand EPC contract and exhibits. Flag items needing clarification prior to Project Page Turn.
- Flag all deliverables pertaining to EPC’s Collection Scope of Work, and make comprehensive list.
- Prior to Page Turn, read and analyze Schedule of Values for conflicts and missing scope. Ensure unit prices quoted are realistic. Read BOP and note which items are furnished by Owner, and which are furnished by EPC.
- Review EPC Contractor’s submitted QA-QC program to look for gaps. Make notes for Page Turn.
- Act as liaison with landowners to keep them as happy as possible without significant extra cost. Engage land agent(s) and PM when necessary to ensure conformance to Landowner Agreements and Exhibits.
Drawings and Specifications
- Become literate in drawings and specifications. Keep abreast of updates and changes. Be alert to opportunities for Value Engineering. Bring these up during the Project Page Turn.
- Interpret drawings and specifications when asked by EPC contractor, resolve questions and conflicts in the field wherever possible. This should be a collaborative effort between company and EPC contractor.
- Review and approve contractor requests for BOP substitutions if permitted for that line item.
- Superintendents are the first to receive RFI’s. If possible, answer RFI’s without going to Engineering for formal resolution.
- If RFI requires Engineering input for resolution, forward RFI to Engineering the same day it is received.
- Ensure EPC contractor is keeping paper Red-lines up to date weekly. During Engineering site visits, ensure the red lines are available for inspection.
- Ensure sample Red-lines are submitted for Engineering review weekly, and as early in the project as possible. Final Red-lines must be sent to Engineer at the completion of each circuit.
Project Controls Cost
- Track progress daily against the Schedule of Values. This includes
- Footage of bores completed
- Feet of trench completed
- Feet of cable installed, by cable size
- Splices completed
- Cable-grounds completed
- Junction Boxes received, set and grounded
- Fault Indicators and Lighting Arrestors installed
- Padmounted Transformers set and grounded
- Bollards installed at JB’s and PMT’s
- Medium Voltage terminations completed at PMT
- Low Voltage terminations completed at PMT and Down-tower Assembly
- Trench ground or fiber installed if separate from regular cable trenching
- Fiber terminations and testing by Circuit
- Met Tower erection
- Other items included in the Schedule of Values
- Using the Schedule of Values as a template, submit a tally of work progress to the PM every two weeks to check against EPC Contractor’s billing.
- Ensure project schedule is in order and energize circuits timely and in the desired order. Alert PM of any scope which seems to be struggling to meet schedule. Propose solutions for schedule recovery.
- Track receipt of Owner Furnished and EPC furnished items to ensure schedule conformance. Notify procurement and PM of any schedule slippage in receipt of commodities and components.
- Assist with development of Energization Plan which conforms to PPA requirements
When you join The Bartech Group, an Impellam company you launch a career. Bartech one of North America's largest and fastest-growing staffing firms, continues to elevate the staffing industry to a higher level of thinking. We specialize in Contract and Direct Placement of Engineering, IT, Technical, Professional and Finance & Accounting specialists.
Bartech values diversity and inclusion in its workforce and we invite all applicants to apply. We review all applications and will contact candidates whose skills are best suited for this role. If you are not immediately contacted please note that we will retain your resume for future opportunities.