QEC-19-027 Electrical Technologist - Operations
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and reporting directly to the Manager, Operations and Maintenance this position will design, update, maintain, and repair control systems for all 25 diesel powered generation facilities across the territory and provide technical support to operations and plant staff on matters related to plant control systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements new programming for programmable logic controllers.
- Reviews automation process and ensures control systems meet plant specifications.
- Prepares cost analyses to ensure capital projects fall within budgetary requirements.
- Maintains equipment to ensure efficient operation of the system and reduce the costs to repair while ensuring reliable service to customers and safety in the plant.
- Coordinates with Powerline Technicians and provides technical support for capital and recoverable projects.
- Collaborates with the Engineering department to review and troubleshoot ongoing issues with control systems.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Three year Electrical Technologist Diploma.
- Three years of experience designing, updating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing protection and control systems such as Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Multilins, etc.
- Experience with power system analysis software such as Engineering Technical Acquisition Project, Remote Terminal Unit, and Human Machine Interface.
- Experience working with control schematics, protective relay settings, single line diagrams, metering, and equipment layouts.
- Experience working in remote locations.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
We offer a competitive salary range of $91,187 to $105,768, a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, eligibility for overtime, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension programs and subsidized staff housing. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to applicants who are Nunavut Inuit.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
This posting will remain open until filled.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
15,016 Northern Living Allowance