Job ID: 148326
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH Company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
TITLE: Electrician – 2 positions available (afternoon shift and night shift)
HOURS: Afternoon Shift (Shift 2) – 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm Monday to Friday
Night Shift (Shift 1) – 10:00 pm – 6:30 am Sunday to Thursday
Toronto AG & S (Toronto Architectural Glass and Storefront) focuses on glass cutting and finishing. We offer our customers a just in time service for immediate needs in window replacement as well and other glass product replacements. Other products include shower doors, glass storefronts, tables, glass paneled railings for both indoor and outdoors.
We are seeking a skilled electrician that takes pride in his work and enjoys working as part of a team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the Electrician contributes to the success of the operation by providing electrical support and expertise to an assigned shift.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications, ESA code and TP127 Standards
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, Scissor Lifts, booms and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes
- Ensuring a safe working environment on projects at all time
- Must be willing to attend after hour call out and weekends as required
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered for this position, the successful candidate should possess the following:
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Must be a 309A license Electrician in good standing order with the Ontario College of Trades
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in an electrician's trade
- Excellent knowledge of electrical code and by-laws
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with staff and management
- Able to efficiently and effectively handle shifting and multiple priorities
- Problem analysis resolution
- Basic computer familiarity
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!