To provide electrical engineering support services as part of the IMP Electronic Systems’ Engineering team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform technical investigations and engineering support activities as a member of a project team or in response to a Request for Engineering Services (RES).
- Generate Automated Test Equipment (ATE) software for the automated cable harness tester using Windows MPT Studio software.Provide engineering support for the MPT cable harness tester hardware.
- Generate acceptance test procedures from approved technical publications for items manufactured or repaired.
- Generate AutoCAD drawings to support engineering design efforts.
- Investigate and recommend electronic component substitutions for obsolete parts.
- Develop and maintain training materials and course outlines for IPC (Association Connecting Electronics Industries)workmanship related topics such as soldering and cable harness assembly.
- Perform training sessions for cable harness assemblers and electronic technicians on IPC workmanship related topics such as soldering and cable harness assembly.
- Liaise with Technicians.
- Perform engineering support tasks as delegated by Supervisor.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an engineering environment.
- Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ experience in an Electronic Repair environment is considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels within the organization and outside agencies.
- Able to speak in front of a small group and teach technical concepts, both in theory and in practice is considered an asset.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-representated. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.