We are currently looking for an Electronics Technician for one of our opportunities in the Prince Albert, S.K Area.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance in accordance with approved maintenance plans.
- Ensures that test equipment is calibrated on a regular basis as per an approved calibration plan.
- Restores systems by replacing faulty modules or components. Repairs faulty modules on site when feasible.
- Makes necessary arrangements for modules to be repaired at the supplier’s plant or at contractor’s in-house repair facilities when repair is not possible on site.
- Records all maintenance and repair activities in the electronic maintenance information system (MIS).
- Maintains records showing all preventive and corrective maintenance activities, including test results
- Prepares and submits reports to the institutional representatives as specified in this document. Institutional representatives may request frequent meetings to monitor daily activities and unusual issues/problems.
- Performs annual inventory check of electronic security systems, their major components and major spare parts. Reports anomalies to institutional representatives for resolution. Example: major spare parts have been depleted and system is now vulnerable without spare parts on site; or; new systems have been added but the required maintenance hand-over reports have not been submitted to NHQ
- Inspect and test items returning from repair facilities to ensure they are operational and meet relevant quality parameters, including incoming spare parts.
- Maintains clean working areas; sweeping, washing and vacuuming floors as required.
- Complies with all local safety and security rules and regulations as published by the Institution.
- Provide Telephone Support to other Technicians when requested.
- Available for on-call services after regular hours as per the local on-call schedule.
- Submits reports to the Regional Supervisor.
- Proactively researches, and stays up to date with newly installed systems to be able to manage the equipment effectively.
- A very good understanding of RF, CATV, CCTV, PA/intercom and automated control systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of Communications in GP test equipment, commercial and personal computers and their peripherals as well as MS Office Suite software experience.
- The incumbent must be able to communicate his/her ideas clearly, and this requires good interpersonal skills in order to problem solve and interact at the client site effectively.
- Decisions require clear conceptual thinking of complex technical situations; advice must be sought if uncertainty exists.
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ an asset. Working at heights (Fall Arrest), First Aid, Confined Space and WHMIS.
- English essential, bilingualism an asset.
- Minimum of a College Diploma from a Technologist program or equivalent. A combination of education and experience with the proven ability to perform the job tasks may be accepted.