Currently we are seeking individuals for the following position, please take note that this position is time sensitive and we advise you to apply immediately and express your skills and abilities that pertains to the job description.
If you are an Int. AUTOMOTIVE INFOTAINMENT ANDROID DEVELOPER looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help!
Int. Android Infotainment Developer
12 Months Contract (Long-term project)
- As a software developer in the Infotainment Software Team, you will contribute to the development and integration of software features in various areas such as Android Framework, Multimedia, Connectivity and Core Applications.
- Your contribution will enable customers to connect their personal consumer devices to the vehicle infotainment system as well as providing a user friendly User Interface to control the vehicle infotainment system.
What We Need You To Do:
- Contribute as designer and developer to design, code and release software for Android target.
- Participate in the implementation of connectivity framework features (BT, USB and Wi-Fi etc.) or multimedia framework features (playback engine, audio, codec, speech, CarPlay, AndroidAuto, or Android Framework (AOSP) and Applications and Services.
- Participate in improving and maintaining existing Infotainment software.
- Participate in feature requirements analysis, and test-case design review.
- Participate in feature prototype building, testing, and refinement.
- Participate in improving and tailoring existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs.
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process.
- Collaborate with other engineers by using Scrum/Agile development process.
- Be able to occasionally travel domestically and internationally.
- 8+ years of experience developing applications or middleware for mobile platforms like Android
- Object-oriented software development experience with a solid grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience working with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code
- Knowledge of Android components, framework and architecture (such as Apps, Multimedia, BT V4, USB, NFC, Wi-Fi and Projection, CarPlay, Speech, ScreenCasting, OpenMax, GStreamer, etc.)
- Knowledge of test development and testing of embedded system firmware
- Knowledge and experience about embedded LAN and Ethernet
- Software platform development experience, such as Linux and Android platform
- Commercial software development experience in C, C++, Java
- Familiar with Android development toolkit and process
- Experience with SCM tools, GIT, JIRA, Eclipse IDE, ClearCase etc.
- Experience of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Ability to perform diagnostic and investigation based on limited information
- Creative, discipline, strong sense of responsibility, delivery and schedule commitment
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
- Advanced degrees preferred
Other Skills Preferred
- Working experience with Mobile Platforms/Services and Apps, CarPlay, and Android Auto.
- Working experience of Android component.
- Working experience in firmware development.
- Experience in developing automotive infotainment solutions.
- Experience in automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices.
When you join The Bartech Group you launch a career. The Bartech Group, one of North America's largest and fastest-growing staffing firms, continues to elevate the staffing industry to a higher level of thinking. Bartech Enterprise Staffing specializes in temporary and direct placement of Engineering, IT, Technical, Finance & Accounting, and Professional staff.
Bartech values diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Candidates that are legally eligible to work in Canada are invited to apply. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. If you are currently in a part time, project, temp work, please advise us with your availability of start date.
Our client is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If you request an accommodation, our client will work with you to meet your accessibility needs due to disability.