Our client in Montreal is looking to hire a Developer that can be groomed to be a Team Lead.
- Plan software development tasks in sprints
- Conduct daily scrums with team members to follow-up on development progress
- Conduct sprint demos to show advancement to management
- Conduct sprint retrospectives to improve work methods
- Translate requirements through an agile development process to high-quality code
- Design overall systems/architecture of embedded software applications.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implement secure coding best practices
- Write unit and integration tests
- Write internal technical documentation
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Contribute to software engineering best practices, knowledge sharing, tools and technology
evolution, and standards development
- 5 years of experience with Linux-based embedded systems programming (C++, Qt, …)
- Expertise working with OpenEmbedded
- Expertise in Python programming
- Solid understanding of system security and data protection best practices.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Agile software development cycle
- Experience working with embedded databases (SQLite, lmdb, …)
- Experience designing and implementing a distributed micro-services and event-driven
- testing, automated deployment, real-time testing and diagnostics
- Very comfortable working with Linux systems
- Understanding of design patterns, UML
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal customers in a clear, concise and
understandable manner both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related technical field
95,000 - 96,000 /year