GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
We offer a professional and friendly culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. We also provide attractive career and professional development through the GHD Business School.
You will be a part of the dynamic Emergency Response team in the Northwest Region. The Emergency Management Consultant is an important member of our Environmental Group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Lead the delivery of emergency management (EM) services such as Hazard, Risk Vulnerability, Capability Assessments (HRVCA), Response/ Regulatory planning, Training, Exercises, Incident Command System (ICS) management
- Lead the preparation of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, and work plans
- Assistance in gap assessment and program review of client emergency management programs
- Field response to client incidents performing such roles as; water sampling, soil sampling, community air monitoring, completion of ICS and client specific forms and reports
- Develop business with existing as well as new clients, including assisting with proposal pursuits
- Responsible for Project Management, including contract administration, cost and budget control, scheduling, client communication and liaising, and preparation and implementation of scopes of work
- Supervision, training and mentoring of junior staff
Skills, Competencies, Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Emergency Management and/or scientific background (such as chemistry, biology, earth sciences, environmental engineering, environmental sciences)
- Previous employment experience in a similar emergency management role
- Experience in spill response, ICS management, EM assessment, EM planning, EM training, or EM exercise facilitation considered an asset
- Experience in, environmental assessment/sampling, ICS, Shoreline Clean-up Assessment Teams (SCAT), or other field work
- Strong problem solving abilities and aptitude
- Ability to present technical information, both written and orally, in a concise and professional manner to audiences of varying technical abilities and backgrounds
- Must be able to qualify for and attain a TN Visa to work in the United States
- Positive attitude, very strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
- Willingness to respond to call outs during non-routine working hours
- High degree of personal initiative, flexible team player, willing/able to work on a wide variety of tasks
- Must reside in Canada with access to an International Airport
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.