Employee Health & Safety Manager
ALL Canada Crane Rental Corp.
ALL Canada Crane Rental Corp. seeks an Employee Health and Safety Manager with experience in the areas of safety management for the crane and rigging industry. The emphasis will be in the area of commercial, petrochemical, steel, and heavy industry environments. The successful candidate must be able to work independently on multiple matters in a fast-paced environment. The position requires a bachelor’s degree or 2 plus years of related experience in the crane and rigging industry. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate. This is a 12 month contract with a possibility for extension.
- Sound working knowledge of OHSA and Regs for Construction Projects 213/91, OSHA and Regs for Industrial Establishment R.R.O.990,Reg 851,Z150 Safety Code on Mobile Cranes and WSIB
- Provide Managers and other safety personnel optimal support to implement Corporate Health and Safety policies
- Proficient in managing WSIB claims including submission of Form 7,correspondence with Board adjudicators, managing modified work and return to work programs
- Interaction with clients, subcontractors, Ministry of Labour and all workers ensuring that all safety concerns are dealt with in a timely matter
- All Corporate statistical reporting including full incident investigations, site and workplace inspections and monthly trend analysis
- Identify and follows corporate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with environmental, health, and safety regulations at Company facilities and work sites.
- Conducts regular and random safety inspections of work sites and facilities in order to assess operations, compliance, and to detect existing, or potential accident, fire, or health hazards. Recommends corrective or preventative action(s) and prepares evaluation, i.e. audit, report(s) for Corporate office review.
- Must be able to develop site-specific Job Hazard Analysis (JHA).
- Conducts regular safety meetings with management and employees.
- Understands Ministry of Transportation compliance and ability to maintain driver files.
- Prepares and disseminates information on safety issues on a regular, and timely basis.
- Responsible for personal, professional development. Maintain professional development through training, seminars, etc. that enhance knowledge of safety, crane and lifting operations.
- Maintains open line of communication with corporate office through regular verbal and written communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 plus years of related experience as a safety manager in the crane/rigging industry, heavy industry environment, i.e. petrochemical, steel, etc.
- Valid driver’s license with clean Driver’s abstract.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written format, i.e. report writing.
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Comprehensive Benefits Plans (Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance)
- Employee Contribution retirement plan
- Relocation assistance is available
ALL Crane Family of Companies
The ALL Family of Companies and its affiliated branches are Equal Opportunity Employers with competitive wage and benefits packages in a drug-free environment. The ALL Family of Companies is the largest privately-owned crane rental and sales enterprise in North America, with 38+ strategically located branches operating under the ALL, Central, Dawes, and Jeffers names – including specialized divisions for aerial lifts, boom trucks (ALT Sales), and parts. Since 1964, the ALL Family has been a leader in the lift industry – with market strengths that include commercial construction, roads & bridges, power generation, plants & processing, facility maintenance, and more. We're ALL you need®
The ALL Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Bachelors or better
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- Driver's license
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong initiative required
- Managing multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer/Technical literacy
- Ability to work safely with moving machinery