Posting Date: May 5, 2020
Primary Location: Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
Morgan Stanley is undergoing significant technology changes, focused on increasing the productivity of our staff both individually and as groups, whether they are in the office or working remotely. Transformative programs are influencing desktop, server, collaboration and workplace products to enhance the staff experience at Morgan Stanley. Current technologies and the adoption of Agile and DevOps methods are setting the pace of these programs.
This position in End User Technology offers the selected candidate a chance to use and grow their product management and product ownership prowess by joining an existing global team of colleagues in multiple regions, servicing internal clients firmwide across the Morgan Stanley employee base.
The focus for this technical role is initially on North America-based stakeholder coverage of the Messaging suite of products and services, including the Firm’s instant messaging, persistent chat, mobile messaging, email, efax, and chatbot infrastructure solutions.
Success with this coverage would lead to global ownership of one or more of the Messaging products, later expanding to include further product areas across the End User space.
- Own regular conversations with multiple internal stakeholder groups to communicate product roadmaps, understand issues, gather and harmonize new demand.
- Pitch to executives and committees to secure funding, seek agreement on product direction, gain acceptance around risks and issues.
- Ensure development and delivery teams are aligned with product strategy and client expectations of features and timelines.
- Take accountability for deployment, documentation, training, maintenance and decommission activities related to the product set.
- Manage technology vendor relationships – past, current and potential.
- Monitor supplier contracts – initiation, cancellation, renewals and related spending.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and aware of the competitor landscape.
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in technical product management
- Familiarity with software development and delivery practice and processes
- Exposure to Windows desktop and Mobile (iOS/Android) platforms
- Competence in modern work styles (Agile, Scrum/Kanban) and tools (Jira)
- Productivity software (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Onenote, Jive/Sharepoint)
- Polished verbal and written communication abilities
- Familiarity with navigating enterprise scale environments
- Comfortable taking ownership, risks and accountability for decisions
- Team player, networker, collaborator
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Financial market industry experience
- Messaging product ownership background
- Experience working in a software development or integration team
- Technical familiarity with these products and platforms:
- Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Slack, Symphony
- WeChat, WhatsApp, SMS
- Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online
- Proofpoint Sentrion/Sendmail MTA, mail routing, perimeter controls
- Electronic fax management
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.