Requisition ID: 23686
Job Category: Consulting
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Engagement Manager/Consultant- Advisory Group
Do you have a passion for industrial operations and operational performance? Do you wish to make a strategic difference with clients by advising them on how to successfully integrate organizational changes generated by their capital projects or how to improve their current performance?
At Hatch you will be part of an employee-owned multidisciplinary professional services firm that delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, technology, engineering, process development, project and construction management to the Mining, Metallurgical, Energy, and Infrastructure sectors. The firm has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries around the world. We are widely recognized for our ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies, and between engineering and reliable operations. The firm is particularly known for working with senior client management to develop business strategies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning and ramp-ups. We have delivered unprecedented business results for our clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
Scope of Position:
Seeking a highly accomplished individual to lead and drive Operational Readiness, Commissioning, Ramp up (OCR) Advisory services across Hatch’s business spectrum of vertical markets in North America. Reporting to the Regional Lead of OCR, the Engagement Manager will lead teams of specialists and analysts mandated with finding the best solutions for clients across the firm’s mining, metals, energy and infrastructure businesses. They combine consulting process expertise with deep technical expertise to deliver on Hatch’s reputation of excellence, engagement to clients and development of the business.
The scope also includes delivering expert advisory services to senior executives for operational improvement/support, asset management, due diligence, enterprise risk, business transformation and investment business planning.
The position will be based in Montreal area office and will require 30% to 50% travel.
- Working with the OCR Regional leaders to further refine and implement the strategic direction for the OCR North America advisory group, which includes:
- Refining the strategic road map and existing business plans, expanding and improving market penetration, and enhancing our competitive edge.
- Ensuring that organizational capability is in place by which to deliver on the group's regional plans, projects and tasks on time and budget.
- Championing the group's interests to major clients and internal stakeholders.
- Providing ongoing direction and developmental support to the team. Continue to build world-class capabilities and regional leadership. Focus the team to drive and accelerate the growth of the business, new market development, regional leadership and profitability.
- Leading the expansion of the OCR advisory business and brand into new North American markets and engage with strategic stakeholders as needed.
- Remaining abreast of the industry, competitors and trends with a view to ensuring that the firm's regional services best align to market needs. Constantly develop and review client’s approach.
- Managing and executing tailor-made operational services and transition to operation programs for clients to meet their economic objectives, using connected, high-performance tools and best practices.
- Working closely with client operation teams on its operational readiness, commissioning, ramp up and sustaining capital projects portfolio. Assisting with the project risk evaluations and management processes, leading start up planning activities, holding workshops, assessments, and developing business philosophy and operational strategy.
- Providing technologies and solutions in close collaboration with Hatch’s Digital and Technical Group to improve our clients’ business and future needs.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance or Business or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- 10+years within a heavy industry environment such as mining, metals, energy or infrastructure sectors.
- Demonstrated operational experience (in a supervisory capacity) in areas of Asset Management, Operations or Maintenance.
- A strategically minded individual with excellent French and English communication skills, good interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
- High collaborative, strong team orientation well-suited to building consensus in a global concern.
- Experience with project and team management.
- Montreal based or willing to relocate to Montreal.
- Excellent analytical and summarization skills.
- Strong ability to influence and negotiate with others to obtain the best results for the benefit of our clients’ projects and organizations.
- Sensitivity to client needs and the ability to establish sustainable, open, and honest relationships.
- Willingness and ability to travel across the country and internationally for work.
Assets that will further strengthen your application include:
- Cross-functional experience and exposure to a variety of roles and responsibilities within operations (site management, production, maintenance, health, safety, environment and community, warehouse and inventory management, etc.).
- Proven experience in building practices focused on operational improvement, operations readiness, commissioning, and ramp up. Consulting experience in the mining and metals, energy, or infrastructure sectors.
- Experience in managing or executing large-scale operational projects, and proven business development skills.
- MBA or EMBA on business administration, strategy, finance or any other relevant field.
- Ability to work in the United States.
What We offer:
- Competitive salary, flexible benefits program and pension plan.
- Work–life balance initiatives (home-office, flexible schedules).
- Long-term career development plans, mentorship, leadership programs and in-house corporate learning centre.
- Work environment focused on knowledge sharing, recognition of individual and group success; and working for a global industry leader, where you can continue developing your talents while diversifying your experience.
- Global network.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.