The Peak Group of Companies is a North American leader in home improvement. We are a diversified group, supplying a vast array of innovative products throughout Canada and the United States as well as operating Canada’s largest B2B and B2C exterior home installations’ company.
Peak is a highly valued, strategic partner of Home Depot. Our unique business platform perfectly aligns with Home Depot’s do-it-yourself, do-it-for-me and professional customer, and our best in class products and broad range of home installation services are offered through Home Depot’s massive retail network.
To understand more about the "The Power & Potential of our Partnership" between Peak and Home Depot, please spend a few minutes to watch this video (narrated in Chinese):
The greatest strength of Peak is our people, a team of remarkably talented, vibrant and competitive individuals. Quick to act and passionate to win, the Peak team continuously drives the company’s growth, which in turn continuously provides individual career growth. This formula for success is entrenched in our culture, where innovation is encouraged, talent and teamwork are celebrated and where results and success are rewarded.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, China Partnerships & Product Development, the Engineer, China Partnerships & Product Development will have key responsibility for research, design, development and, ultimately, bringing industry-leading products to market.
- Design of new products and continual improvement and innovation of existing products
- Development of test protocols, implementation of test programs, and analysis of the testing results
- Collaborate with customers on business opportunities, and then taking these opportunities from a concept to the market
- Produce and implement product manuals including all technical documents, engineering drawings, QC programs, standards, etc.
- Source factories and set up production of our products and raw materials in various countries, including all aspects of quality control
- Confirm compliance with all regulatory requirements for our products (building codes, environmental, etc.)
- Product and process improvement: simplifying design of process, trialing more cost effective materials
- Perform other duties within the scope of the role as may be assigned from time to time by management.
- 10+ years product development experience with consumer products
- Highly proficient in SolidWorks and/or CAD engineering software
- Strong computer skills with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Previous experience with consumer product design and development
- Excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
- Professional Engineering designation preferred
- Post-secondary degree (Engineering preferred)
- Ability to communicate verbally in Mandarin is highly preferred
Peak is an equal opportunity employer. We respect the dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace and value the importance of diversity, fairness, and trust. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation package. Our goal is to attract, develop, and engage employees with exceptional ability and diverse backgrounds.
We look forward to receiving your application. Thanks for your interest.