At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
Reporting to the Senior Director Roads & Infrastructure, the incumbent is a key player in the development of Operation, Maintenance, and Rehabilitation (OMR) plans and budgets for major Public-Private-Partnership (P3) Roads & Infrastructure projects, and other operation and maintenance road projects. Infrastructure concessions involve numerous aspects of engineering relating to the lifecycle management of major bridges, pavement, drainage, illumination, signage, environment, quality, and ITS, as well as the routine operation and maintenance of these assets. This role is not a designer role neither a construction site role but requires design, construction, or operation background to develop efficient bid phase OMR plans and budgets.
This position is based in Toronto, Ontario, but requires frequent travel mainly in Canada or United States during the bid phase. This position has excellent career growth opportunity.
The OMR Engineer provides assistance to the OMR Project Manager engaged in the production of major long term highway and/or transportation contracts/bids, for Expressions of Interest (EOI’s), Requests for Qualifications (RFQ’s), and Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) involving operations, maintenance, asset management, and the long term rehabilitation of transportation infrastructure in accordance with historical practices, project agreements, and OMR standards. This role requires working collaboratively with the project multidisciplinary team, and responsibilities include:
- Participating in the development of the OMR written technical proposal in response to the RFQ and RFP. This includes preparing and editing draft response plans for OMR activities; developing bridge and other assets inspection and lifecycle program, organizational chart, and management approaches;
- Participating in the development of the initial long term OMR budget, including compiling and presenting information from various external and internal sources on pricing, production and quantities of various aspects of the OMR work;
- Incorporating OMR aspects into the project design taking into consideration the initial construction and long term lifecycle costs, the maintainability, as well as new products on the market and innovations;
- Production of RFI documents;
- Liaising with project partners, stakeholders, clients, experts, and various SNC-Lavalin departments (Design, Construction, Capital, Environment, Legal, Taxation, Insurance, etc.);
- Preparing various presentations and reports at different stages of the bid for project review and approval by SNC-Lavalin Senior Management, and for meetings with the Client and other stakeholders (Lenders, Credit Rating entities, partners, etc.);
- Participating in developing the initial risk profile for the OMR phase of the applicable project;
- Responding to EOI’s, demonstrating our interest into an early-stage infrastructure project, and providing recommendations to the Client in regards of maintainability to provide the best value for the Client in the long term;
- During the bid and construction phases, participating in various detail design reviews to identify any potential OMR problems to occur over the operating term of the Project.
- Throughout the operating period of various projects the incumbent may be involved in providing ad-hoc technical support and assistance concerning asset management, preventive maintenance, and rehabilitation, and to other SNC-Lavalin departments on projects where our lifecycle management expertise is required. the Review of highway asset monitoring and rehabilitation programs including pavement and structure rehabilitation and associated activities including planning, budgeting, forecasting, tender document preparation, consultant and contractor selection, quality assurance and control, traffic management, client liaison, and as built preparation and document control as directed.
- University degree in Civil Engineering or other engineering degree with relevant experience, specialized in either structures, road maintenance or construction, pavements, or related transportation disciplines.
- Three to five years, or more, progressive experience
- Provincial Professional Engineer Certification or Engineer in Training in a Canadian Jurisdiction (Ontario, Alberta, etc.) or eligibility;
- Familiarity with road and highway operation, or bridge and/or pavement maintenance
- P3 type projects bid preparation and response experience is an asset;
- Working knowledge of provincial/federal highway and infrastructure policies/procedures in operations and maintenance of major highways and bridges is an asset;
- Excellent leadership with demonstrated problem solving skills;
- Detail oriented, with a focus on excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer services skills ;
- Professional with tact, diplomacy and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently;
- Ontario Driver’s License or ability to obtain;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills are mandatory. Oral and written communication skills in French is an asset
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.