We are currently looking for System Integration V&V (Verification & Validation) Engineers to join our Calgary team, working in our Land & Joint Division on the LEISC program. This is the kind of position where you will get to see how your contribution fits into the bigger picture. The team is hands on, with a passion for understanding the cause and effect in complex systems. In this role, you will conduct tests in the lab, work closely with our customers in field exercises, and collaborate with other product and engineering teams. You will also have exposure to various areas of engineering, including Software, Hardware, and Networking while developing your own specialization
Day to Day activities:
- Development of system integration and verification test procedures, including configuration descriptions and expected outcomes, in accordance with the design documents and company processes.
- Execute formal and informal test procedures, gather appropriate measures and data. Document all results.
- Perform investigations to clarify system problem components for further analysis.
- Write defect and test reports to demonstrate progress, communicate as required.
- Review of system and subsystem requirements specifications, interface control documents, design documents and use cases.
- Participate in integrated team activities with system engineering and development engineering teams.
- Attend meetings and activities where the customer is in attendance
Why us? https://gdmissionsystems.ca/careers/why-work-for-us/meet-our-talent
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or applicable discipline
- Co-op or internship experience is desired
- Positive approach to learning and trying new things.
- Passion for effective communication
- Some understanding and exposure to the product development life cycle and associated processes
- Some understanding and exposure with engineering and SIV&V process
- Experience in the investigating and resolving of technical problems .
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security Clearance and a positive Controlled Goods Assessment. Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Experience with the any of the following are an asset:
- Awareness of Test Automation principles; possesses applicable skills and can contribute to its implementation
- Familiarity with radios, voice/data networks, and Internet Protocol (IP).
- Preference with experience in Linux, Python, Robot and Git
- Code Collaborator/DM Workflow.
- Enterprise Architect
- Microsoft Visio and other Office Suite products.
- Rational Team Concert (total suite)
Our Company Benefits
Our contribution to our employees represents much more than just a pay check. We invest in our employees’ health and wellness, paid time off, retirement, income protection, work/life balance, talent development and more. As a General Dynamics employee, you can enjoy many of our benefits including:
- Health and optional dental plan
- Life insurance and retirement benefits
- Vacation and flexible work environment
- On-site fitness facilities
- Free Parking
- Hockey and soccer leagues
- Tickets and giveaways offered through our Recreation Association
About General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada
General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada is one of the country’s most innovative defence and security technology companies, providing advanced thinking, design expertise, and implementation know-how to equip military and first responders with leading-edge hardware, software and systems.
Our employees innovate on a daily basis. Part of General Dynamics Mission Systems, a global company with more than 13,000 employees across 100 facilities worldwide, our success stems from strong system engineering experience, ongoing investment in research and development, collaboration with commercial and military systems industry leaders, and a singular focus on customer service.
In Canada, we employ more than 1,300 people across three locations. Our business groups include: Land Communications, Airborne Mission Systems, Underwater Warfare and Cyber Solutions.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! (Workplace accommodations are available).