IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Engineering Design Project Manager to join our industry leading Engineering Design – Project Management team on site with our client in Prince Edward Island (PEI).
The Engineering Design Project Manager provides leadership on assigned projects and acts to achieve financial, schedule and client relationship objectives. The Engineering Design Project Manager plans and organizes all engineering functions specific to the project, coordinates client interaction between the project team and client, provides guidance on recommended manpower and technical resource loading.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare project execution plans, schedules and budgets while participating in all phases of project work from conceptual design to post-construction field checkout.
- Manage supplier change orders and construction costs.
- Direct engineering activities.
- Interface with clients and relevant staff.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of process flow diagrams, process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), and process and utility equipment documents.
- Review the overall layout of processing suites.
- Assist with defining and designing the health, safety or environmental requirements of Pharmaceutical and Biological manufacturing systems and facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Planning required.
- MUST have a strong Architectural Design or Engineering discipline background along with experience running engineering/design projects in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Nutraceutical, or Biotech industries.
- Minimum of 10+ years of industry experience as a Project Manager overseeing project execution while ensuring that projects meet client quality, schedule and budget objectives.
- Experience managing a range of engineering design projects is required; specifically with A&E companies.
- Proven ability, capacity and aptitude with planning, organizing, supervising, coordinating technical work and obtaining cooperation from others (must be able to build rapport with project staff).
- High level of scheduling skills.
- Understanding of Earned Value and other project controls methods as they pertain to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Life Sciences industry.
- Experience managing aseptic manufacturing and/or solid dosage projects is a strong plus.
- Experience working within SharePoint is a plus.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,100 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.