In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
You will have the opportunity to lead and manage a team of Wind River Cloud engineers responsible for the development of Cloud solutions focused on Edge use cases.
- Managing a team of Cloud developers contributing to ongoing releases of Wind River Cloud Software including: career planning, goal setting, performance assessment, coaching, performance improvement, compensation, conflict resolution, and other people management tasks
- Develop in an open community, contribute to open source projects such as Kubernetes, StarlingX and OpenStack
- Sprint planning and coordination across scrum teams
- Working with a team of other development and program managers to coordinate work and assure delivery of projects and products
- Process development and implementation for the direct team and department.
- Contributing to budget allocation and monitoring
- Interfacing to various other parts of the company such as QA, Test, Engineering Operations, and Product Management
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Development engineering management skills as demonstrated by experience in planning and leading multiple engineering projects using modern project management techniques; building and motivating a development team to accomplish progressively aggressive goals; and superior skills in diagnosing and solving typical development issues
- Personal skills such as: time planning and organization; nimbleness; verbal and written communications; effectiveness as a team member; enthusiastic leadership; personal drive, energy, resourcefulness, and perseverance; integrity; adaptability to new and uncertain environments; a desire to improve practices and processes; and enthusiastic leadership
- Experience contributing to open source projects and leading development in the open source community
- The ability to be an effective member of a team of managers including: a drive to accomplish the collective goals of the team; the ability to fairly and effectively negotiate; and an attitude that puts the good of the team ahead of one's individual needs when required
- Experience in people management including; career planning; performance assessments; performance improvement; setting and evaluating goals; compensation; and general care of development engineers.
- 7-9+ years of relevant software development experience. Experience in Cloud technologies such as OpenStack, Kubernetes and/or StarlingX operating system an asset
- 5+ years people/project management as part of a larger team with interdependent responsibilities in an engineering environment
- Relevant technical BS, Engineering or computer science degree
- Business/management degree or coursework desirable. (Experience can substitute)
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.