Our client is a leader in the design and fabrication of complex process equipment for various industries. They are currently searching for an Engineering Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for the production of quality product designs and associated project documentation for internal and external customers on time and within budget. The Engineering Manager will provide a high level of technical expertise in process equipment design, particularly with respect to mechanical design, to authoritatively guide and set the standard for equipment design.
- Lead the Mechanical and Electrical Design teams to meet contract requirements;
- Drive improvements that increase value in the eyes of our customers, reduce engineering / manufacturing times and improve quality;
- Provide technical support for our Sales, Process Engineering and Customer Service teams;
- Manage / deliver all phases of detailed engineering function through sales support, initial design, through detailed engineering, installation and commissioning.
- Organize and direct day-to-day activities of the mechanical and electrical design staff.
- Ensure contractual and company objectives with regard to supply, schedules and budgets are met.
- Review and approve Engineering Change Notices.
- Communicate objectives to department staff; provide assistance, direction and support with periodic follow-up; prepare and conduct personnel performance evaluations; and maximize the potential of subordinates via training, mentoring and development.
- Provide leadership and vision in the analysis of current designs, recommending and implementing solutions as a key contributor to our ongoing value and customer satisfaction improvement process.
- Provide expert technical advice to senior management to aid in the setting of research, technology and product development priorities.
- Develop, implement and maintain Standard Operating Procedures including: Work Flow Processes, Change Control, Production Work Instructions, Production Control Plans, etc. Regularly review procedures to improve efficiency.
- Responsible for the generation of technical data packages.
- Responsible for the development, control and maintenance of equipment / documentation quality standards; parts descriptions database; materials of construction; and welding and fabrication practices.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering; Hold current P. Eng. license from PEO
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing a multidisciplinary Engineering Team
- Minimum 10 years related experience in a manufacturing and product design environment, preferably in the field of process systems and equipment.
- Must possess excellent reasoning/technical ability; analyze problems, identify alternate solutions, select and implement the best alternative and effectively communicate the logic behind the decision to others.
- Keen sense of urgency is a must.
- Must be able to work effectively with other department managers, fostering teamwork and cooperation throughout the company.
- Must be confident in providing technical leadership and motivating staff to achieve and maintain a results-oriented department.
- Must have excellent management, communication (written/verbal) and analytical decision-making skills.
- Must be detail and quality oriented.
- Involved in / understands contractual business relationships.
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge of engineering. Experience with process equipment design and manufacture involving pressure vessels (ASME Section VIII, Div. 1) and B31.1 and B31.3 process piping systems for a TSSA registered facility is an asset. Instrumentation and control experience are also an asset.
- Understanding of engineering methodologies including Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA).
- Be confident and skilled using Microsoft Office, AutoCAD LT. Working knowledge of Creo (Pro E) or other solid modeling platforms is an asset
Please send all resumes to
Modern Technical Staffing
905-477-3315 ext 307