Requisition ID: R001800
Want to be responsible for the awesome gaming experience of hundreds of millions of players? How about building a scalable platform that enables key revenue-driving and player engagement features in world-renowned games?
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard, Inc. We run every part of a player's online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot, and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
Demonware's Titles Department is responsible for working side-by-side with game studios to develop, launch, and maintain online services.
Our development is geared towards low-latency and large-scale distributed systems that can handle millions of concurrently connected users with average response times of
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to successfully manage a team of engineers in our Titles Department.
- Work closely with game studios, ideally onsite, to design and deliver scalable solutions that meet their requirements
- Guide and facilitate design and decision making around Demonware's online services and tech stack
- Collaborate with the project manager to map out and deliver team objectives and priorities for the year based on company goals and studios' requirements
- Organize and coordinate team members to effectively work on features together and with other teams in Demonware
- Ensure the software produced by the team achieves the quality bar we expect for our products
- Ensure the team's software development process works effectively and supports the pace and needs of the project
- Engage, develop, and retain high-performing engineers
- Collaborate with HR and recruitment on various people and recruitment needs
- Triage issues and challenges as they arise, and ensure they are resolved through brilliant customer service on part of the team.
- Thrive on leading and growing a team of engineers
- Proven ability to analyze requirements and make corresponding design decisions
- Ability to own the day-to-day fundamentals of engineering projects with minimal supervision
- Experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies
- Willingness to travel and accommodate a flexible work schedule that includes being on-call
- Experience with problems of large scale, and handling millions of connections a plus
- Experience in Python, MySQL or Cassandra is a plus
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation support, 5 weeks of vacation plus 3 bonus days in December, pension, and top-tier medical, dental, and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
To find out more, visit: https://demonware.net/careers
Demonware by the numbers:
- 469+ million gamers
- 3.2+ million concurrent online gamers
- 100+ games
- 300,000 requests per second at peak
- Average query response time of <.02 second
- 630,000+ metrics a minute
- 132 billion+ API calls per month
As an independent studio that's part of Activision Blizzard, Inc., Demonware is responsible for developing and running the online services for some of the largest entertainment franchises in the world, including Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot, and Skylanders. We work side by side with Activision's game studios to deliver a Games as a Service platform at a massive scale. We ensure those games stay online, 24/7 through peak global launch events and beyond. We have offices in Vancouver, Canada; Dublin, Ireland; and Shanghai, China.