As a People-First company, we feel that leading a team of infrastructure developers focused on the effective operations of our technical systems is a great way to make an impact at Unbounce. If you want to inspire your team to conquer technical challenges and achieve lofty goals for themselves and our product, this Engineering Manager role could be a perfect fit!
As an Engineering Manager for this team, your primary focus is on helping your team achieve its mission of helping other teams deliver customer value, and doing it with technology that makes us proud. Supported within a team of other Engineering Managers and reporting to the Director of Platform Services, you will operate as a servant leader as well as a people manager. You will be supporting and collaborating with our Engineering team responsible for our infrastructure and technical operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will mentor and support the growth of a team of high potential infrastructure and security focused developers .
- You will create a positive and inclusive environment for your team to do their best work.
- As a member of our Engineering Management group, you will influence the entire department by sharing your experiences and best practices, advocating for professional development opportunities and programs for your team, and driving experimentation.
- You will shape the future of Unbounce by leading or contributing to communities across the company and as part of a team representing Unbounce in the broader development community.
- You will help ensure that technical systems are reliable, highly available and cost effective to run.
- In the next year, you will help the team migrate services to less maintenance heavy architectures such as Lambda and Kubernetes.
A little bit about you:
- You have experience in engineering management with direct reports, software agility principles and practices, and full software development lifecycle.
- Your strengths are first and foremost as a leader and people manager. You are skilled and fulfilled in helping people realize their potential.
- Your technical background in software development has been enriching and you are most happy inspiring others by asking powerful questions to enhance their understanding rather than dictating a solution.
- You are known as a kind and wise leader who can see the bigger picture. It is common that people from all areas of the company seek you out for guidance and support.
- You are a champion of agility practices and measures of effectiveness to identify where to guide improvements.
What’s in it for you:
- A remote friendly office with flexible hours
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- One day every 2 weeks of dedicated professional development time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce we celebrate everyone and their multiple intersecting identities. We believe a panorama of experience allows us to make better decisions together and inspires innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. Our goal is for every Unbouncer to feel deeply connected to their team through mutual value, respect, and understanding.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process