Eaton’s electrical division is seeking aSatellite/Sales co-op to work in the Calgary location starting in September 2019.
The Eaton – Alberta division isresponsible for sales, service and support of Eaton Legacy product includingElectrical Distribution, Automation & Control, Power Distribution andCircuit Protection in the Alberta region. The Calgary Satellite Plant assemblespower distribution and control equipment customers including 120V - 600Vdistribution and control equipment.
There are two primary functions ofthe co-op position: Satellite and Inside Sales responsibilities. The coopstudent will assist the product specialists in entering orders, and helpingwith the flow of production, to ultimately get the finished goods to our endcustomers. All orders require engineering, drawings, production and testingbefore they are ready to ship to the customer. In addition to the manufacturingresponsibilities, the successful candidate will assist the Calgary Sales officewith inside sales functions including, but not limited to quotations, dataentry, order entry, along with order management and product support.
The Calgary Satellite Plantassembles power distribution equipment for Western Canada customers.
- Assist with custom engineering and create/edit AutoCAD drawings.
- Co-ordinate with engineering to ensure the timely ordering of Advance Material Order requirements for long lead time items and project-based orders.
- Assist engineering team with managing and updating the production schedule.
- Communicate material shortages to manager and escalate expediting to ensure schedules are met.
- Work with the production staff to ensure Kanban (inventory levels), as well as bulk items are maintained according to production requirements.
- Work with purchasing to coordinate, on-time material deliveries, and material quality.
- Review, update and schedule customer orders, discrete jobs, in order to maintain an up-to-date production schedule.
- Assist with order entry, and job pack creation for the shop floor workers.
- Assist office and shop staff with the quarterly physical inventory process.
- Work with plant staff to identify cost saving opportunities related to production and processes.
- Assist with light duties in the shop area including: moving materials, some light assembly work.
- Assist with inside sales – quotations, data entry, order entry, sales support.
- Assist our quotation department with project quotations requiring single line and specification review.
- Actively participate on a project that uses lean/six sigma to drive cost out
- Assist our quotation department with quotation file management.
- Supply our outside sales team with inside sales support such as fielding product inquiries, order entry, order expedite.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Values and Philosophy, as well as the Safety and Environmental Standards.
- This work term will apply your theoretical knowledge and understand the industry. You will have the opportunity to enhance your understanding of distribution and control.
- Learn who Eaton is, and what Eaton has to offer as a future career option!
High School Diploma required.
Must be actively enrolled in adiploma or degree program in electrical engineering, computer science,industrial Engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering, or instrumentation.
Must be eligible to work in Canadawithout company sponsorship on an on-going basis.
No relocation is being offered forthis position. The candidate must reside within 80 km of Calgary, AB.
Previous manufacturing experience considered an asset.
Must have excellent communicationskills, both verbal and written.
Must be able to wear PPE (ie. Steeltoe shoes, safety glasses, gloves when required).
Strong problem-solving skills andtime management capabilities.
Excellent planning andorganizational skills.
Must be able to follow detailedinstructions from sales/ inside sales staff.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Primary Location: Canada-AB-Calgary
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No