- Under supervision and direction of the Sr. Supervisor, Engineering and working closely with operating staff and leadership
- As directed, interacts with operations to assist with process troubleshooting and to provide technical guidance
- Reviews, plans and designs manufacturing processes through Kaizens, 3P events or other means
- Obtains, correlates and analyzes technical information, production statistics and defects and warranty information
- Develops practical capacity plans, process change cost estimates/savings and specifications
- Develops standard operating sheets and control documentation
- Communicates effectively between departments to drive support and agreement with the project goals
- Provides support to other engineers, designers, quality or CI personnel, cost accountants, production associates and outside suppliers
- Requires independent judgment and initiative
This position reports directly to the Sr. Supervisor, Engineering.
- Takes ownership of projects to drive improvements
- Works in accordance with well-established engineering principles, methodologies and best practices
- Ensures compliance with national, provincial and local codes and regulations
- Ensures compliance with company policies and standards
- Must adhere to all company and Health & Safety policies as indicated in the Associate Handbook and Standards of Business Conduct Handbook
- Consistently demonstrate Six for Success: Be trustworthy, Commit to your team, Listen to understand, Serve your customer, Prepare and plan, and Deliver the result.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned at management’s discretion.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Continuous improvement or lean manufacturing understanding
- Computer Aided Drafting, Microsoft Office and other computer software skills
- Participates or leads technical problem solving including root cause analysis
- 3-5 years Manufacturing experience required
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of science in an engineering discipline or engineering technologist (mechanical or industrial)
- Eligible for registration with APEGM or CET.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees.