ENGINEERING PROJECT ANALYST
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on many significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
This is a permanent full-time position, located in Halifax, NS, Canada. This position will be assigned to the CSC engineering delivery function and will be responsible to provide support to the effective execution of activities within the Engineering Management Group. The successful candidate will be expected to support the Product Engineering Managers to shape, enable and assist in the delivery of a variety of project deliverables, processes, and tools; and to hone and optimize the engineering project delivery process.
Working as part of the Engineering Project Delivery Team, this role is primarily focused on the effective leadership of project controls as they pertain to the Engineering Department led activities and the utility, application and continuous improvement of these processes. In addition, the successful candidate will support to the management and delivery of a variety of activities, taskings, or deliverables to support the contracted CSC delivery tasks. The role will assist the Engineering Project Managers in the day to day logistics and administrative activities associated with the project delivery process. This role will liaise with the all aspects of the Engineering Group and external stakeholder including Program Management, Supply Chain, Quality, and the RCN / Subcontractor as required.
The Engineering Project Analyst role will:
- Lead in the development of plans, processes, presentations and procedures as required to support the Engineering Project Delivery function in the execution of project delivery activities and in support of CSC project milestones
- Tracking and support to the development of deliverables, actions and customer comments
- Assist in the communication of key project data to the program and engineering teams
- Provide support to the Engineering Management Group for assigned taskings, activities, or deliverables within the Engineering Group as required
- Support the coordination of engineering activities as they relate to the efficient delivery of project outputs
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting the Engineering Team to ensure progress, and other project data is aligned
- Engineering project control analytics data coordination and the outputs to the Scheduling Team
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the team
- 3-5 years’ experience in a project administrative role
- Project coordination experience in Maritime (ship building/support) programs.
- Experience in working with a cross functional technical group.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.