Requisition ID: 22277
Job Category: Project Controls
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The engineering scheduler is responsible to develop, maintain, optimize and monitor progress of the area engineering schedule, ensuring that the project procedures and best practices are applied, as appropriate, and recommending changes to the Area Manager where required.
- A strong personal commitment to safety
- Personal responsibility for safety incident reporting
- Behavioural-based safety ethos to be embraced
- Personal responsibility for stopping any unsafe behaviour as and when it occurs, and thereafter reporting the safety incident so that corrective action may be obtained
- Familiarisation with the project safety processes, protocols and procedures.
- Develop, maintain and optimise detailed engineering schedule (Level 4 schedule) for the area, monitor progress, highlight and resolve schedule issues;
- Maintain the detailed deliverable level engineering schedule;
- Communicate to the area planner any deviation to the project master schedule (L3) schedule resulting from changes to the L4 schedule;
- Extract and publish 4-week look ahead schedule
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in engineering or other relevant discipline or appropriate substituted project related experience
- Exposure to engineering in a multi discipline EPCM environment
- Basic knowledge in the use of Planning tools preferred
- Technical overview of work methods and techniques
- Basic knowledge of project management principles.
- Interpersonal and good communication skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office package)
- Beginners’ knowledge of Primavera Project Planner P6
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Problem solving and mitigating skills
- Verbal and written communications
- Presentation skills
- Report writing skills.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.