Irving Equipment is a well-established Heavy Lift and Specialized Transport company with over 60 years in business and a diverse fleet of mobile and crawler cranes, SPMTs, and other specialized transport and lifting equipment with locations in Saint John, New Brunswick, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and several other branches in Atlantic Canada and the United States.
At Irving Equipment, you will discover a fast-paced work environment and gain exposure to a wide range of industrial, commercial, infrastructure and residential projects. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited family of companies, we are always seeking to attract the very best talent.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Engineering Technologist to join our dynamic team in Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Maintain daily job diary; preparing JSA, Toolbox talks, Daily Reports, Hazard Assessments.
- Work with estimator and supervisors to ensure equipment and workforce availability.
- Assist in preparing quotes, pricing, and estimates in consultation with Project Branch Manager and Supervisors.
- Approve invoices, issue purchase orders, and work order set-up in E1 system.
- Approve time tickets in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
- Coordinate work for crane mob/demob and required resources prior to commencing the work.
- Enforce company policies to ensure work is done safely, efficiently, and in compliance with local by-laws, provincial and federal legislation, quality, and company environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in coordinating all work scopes and ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner
- Coordinate material and equipment suppliers and vendors on a daily basis (mechanics, welders, equipment suppliers).
- Plan and coordinate on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, and crane lifts when required).
- Assist in coordinating productivity of operators and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Maximize the utilization of the equipment and mitigate standby of labour.
- Administer non-operated equipment (sales, contracts, insurance, work order set-up).
- Other office duties, filing, ISO (QMS/ EMS), quality requirements, inspections, and reports.
- College Diploma – Engineering, CET
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Experience in the construction or equipment industry is considered an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates Curiosity
- Strong safety orientation
- Attention to detail
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by October 18th 2019.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Equipment Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.