Client ID: 276141
On behalf of our client in the Telco Sector, PROCOM is looking for a Delivery Manager.
Environment/Release Manager – Job Description
- Lead non-production software delivery environment management including code merges, system integration, capacity assessments, OS\DB support and, technical testing.
- Identify opportunities to harden the environments and automate processes.
- Duties will be concentrated around Field Services systems.
- Lead &enforce the code merging strategy across multiple development streams.
- Participate in release\environment planning/
- Communicate and manage environment outages.
- Provide & enforce user access to servers and databases.
- Work with the Technical Advisors and vendor teams to ensure correct source system integration is available for releases.
- Troubleshoot and lead resolution of integration issues in complex environments
- Establish and supplement technical documentation, practice good knowledge-management hygiene
- Maintain and support internal tools used in the delivery process, such as Redmine, QAComplete etc.
- Monitor and support all servers and Databases within the environments. Both Windows and Linux, Oracle and MS SQL.
Environment/Release Manager – Mandatory Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent ability to articulate technical problems to non-technical audience
- Autonomous, tolerance to a fast paced / fast changing environment
- Strong team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment
- Quick learning
- Creativity and ingenuity
- College degree, Bachelor or Master of Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering or similar
- Understanding of software development lifecycle– mandatory
- Solid understanding of hardware/hosting platforms, including virtualization and containerization - mandatory
- Familiarity with CI concepts and Agile-hybrid delivery models
- Understanding of DEVOPS.
- Good familiarity with network concepts as they relate to application design (Load balancing etc.)
- OS (Linux, Windows) – both mandatory
- AGILE/DEVOPS tools (Confluence, JIRA, Jenkins, etc.)
- OS Scripting languages (shell, batch)
- Oracle PL/SQL, SQL - mandatory
- Ability to work efficiently in virtual teams.
- Conference calls and video calls are routine, as is handling multiple parallel projects.
- Availability to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines and available to work occasional overnights to take part in deployment activities
- Ability to travel within Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto corridors with advance notification; travel depending on project needs (occasional only)
- Fast paced, changing working environment
Environment/Release Manager – Nice to Have Skills
- French-English bilingualism a strong asset
- Knowledge of Redhat OpenShift is an asset
- Software development experience (C#, Java) - preferred
- Microsoft SQL Server, Redis an asset
- General understanding of IT standards relating to Telecom (TMForum ETOM, SID etc.) is an asset
Environment/Release Manager - Assignment Start Date
ASAP – 11 months to start
Environment/Release Manager - Assignment Location
Mississauga or London, ONT