Manpower is currently hiring an Environmental Advisor for a 6 month opportunity with our client a Major Pipeline Company in Fort Nelson, British Columbia. All living expenses and travel will be paid.
- Provide support to the Fort Nelson area
- Assist in data gathering and consolidation to implement an Environmental Management Program
- Provide support to Area Occupational, Health, Safety & Environment committees for environmental issues
- Provide local environmental support for ongoing operations and projects as well as for other related issues by helping identify and resolve environmental issues and risks
- Develop proposals for long-term mitigation of identified environmental risks
- Research regulatory requirements for various environmental risks
- Ensure systems are maintained for accurate and timely regulatory compliance and corporate reporting (monthly, annually, incident)
- Completing routine environmental reporting to regulatory agencies as required
- Provide environmental support for emergency/incident response support the implementation of the Environmental Management Program, its processes and standard operating procedures in Area support the investigation of serious environmental incidents to determine causes and develop recommendations support environmental training.
- Degree or diploma in environmental studies, biology, science or a related engineering discipline, open to new grads
- Experience with working/living in northern and remote settings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in use of computers and programs
- Class 5 driver’s license desired
- Working knowledge of BC and NEB environmental regulations, industry standards and best practices is an asset but not necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in energy or related industry
- Good organization skills; the capability of working independently and of functioning well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems by using analytical skills
- Open to new graduates with degree/diploma in environmental
To apply email Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org directly or call @ 403.298.4387.
In becoming a Manpower associate, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in industry leading companies. You will also gain access to Manpower’s comprehensive benefits package including: • Competitive pay • Medical and dental benefits • Life insurance • Weekly pay by direct deposit • Access to Manpower online university