AGS Automotive Systems, a member of the J2 Group of Companies, has been delivering innovative, quality products and services in the automotive industry for over 60 years. AGS is a multi-plant, full-service supplier with capabilities ranging from stamping, MIG welding, plating, and painting to plastics capability, as well as assembly and sequencing services. AGS has operations in both Canada and the United States and is recognized for its technological and process excellence and innovative leadership ...an organization that persistently strives to 'change the automotive landscape'. AGS achieves this vision through our commitment to quality, use of innovative technology across all operations, and leadership's commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
We are seeking Environmental Coordinator to be located at our Cambridge plant located at 560 Conestoga Boulevard, Cambridge, Ontario N1R 7L7. You will report to our Environmental Team Lead.
Reporting to the Environmental Team Lead, the Environmental Coordinator is responsible for, but not limited to managing plant environmental issues as well as their Environmental Management Systems, under ISO 14001. These responsibilities primarily relate to the Cambridge and Windsor plants, however, expand to support other plants throughout the corporation as directed by the Environmental Team Lead.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adherence to the Technical System Procedures and Instructions.
- Responsible for maintaining safe working conditions, practices and ensure that good safety processes are included in all activities.
- Identify environmental aspects and impacts of the facility;
- Evaluate the significance of those aspects and impacts;
- Prioritize the significant aspects and impacts;
- Develop goals and targets for environmental / business improvements;
- Develop management plans for significant aspects and implement same;
- Participate and champion improvement teams;
- Develop and revise related procedures;
- Support evaluation of plant environmental training needs;
- Preparation and delivery of specific training;
- Oversees and/or conducts environmental testing and reporting as related to EMS or legislative requirements (eg soil and waste water testing, acoustical studies etc);
Required data gathering, reporting and planning under Certificate of Approvals, TRA, NPRI, environmental emergency legislation and other applicable government requirements as they may apply at the AGS plants, and ensuring compliance with all conditions at all times;
HWIN (waste registration) and hazardous waste management for Cambridge and Windsor;
ASSIST MANAGER CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS:
EMS support in all AGS facilities including training of various plant personnel;
Participate in internal Audits AGS and Tiercon facilities;
- Graduate of Environmental studies program.
- Previous experience with ISO14000 implementation.
- Good organizational, communication and computer skills.
- Good understanding of environmental legislation
AGS is offering competitive compensation, including an employee incentive plan together with an excellent benefits package. AGS provides good opportunities for advancement.