Environmental Engineer - (Rocanville, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reports to Mill Operations Superintendent
What you will do:
- Monitor the tailing management area, brine disposal, air emissions, and hazardous waste
- Implement changes to reduce overall site environmental impact
- Develop and lead environmental related projects, within allotted time frames and budgets
- Interact with government agencies, as required, including the preparation of permits, applications, regulatory plans, inspections and notifications, as well as compile, complete and submit environmental reports
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, through management and use of the Environmental Legal Registry
- Continuously reduce environmental impact by engaging 4 key priorities: Job Hazard Assessments, Structured Pauses, Significant Environmental Incident Prevention and environmental leadership
- Monitor performance of existing environmental equipment and systems. Recommend alterations or modifications to existing systems, provide technical advice to personnel for improving maintenance and operating efficiency
- Be primary contact for internal and external environmental audits at Nutrien, Rocanville Potash. Develop and ensure action on outstanding audit findings
- Maintain, develop, and enhance environmental program for Nutrien, Rocanville Potash
What you will bring:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent education in Environmental related discipline
- Safety Commitment
- Skills in Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran