This is a tremendous opportunity for a motivated Environmental Engineer/Scientist to join our team in Toronto, Ontario. The position involves assessing environmental, health, safety, and operational risks associated with companies in a variety of sectors, as well as supporting a variety of ongoing environmental fieldwork projects. This position requires strong analytical and writing skills, and the ability to translate and evaluate technical data.
We want to do great things; we need your help
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, and social consulting services with offices in over 40 countries. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing. The breadth of experience over our 40-year history means we have an extraordinary track-record and excel at taking on complex and challenging projects.
Our clients are primarily in the technology, chemical, mining and oil & gas sectors, and we support them through all phases of the project life cycle. We are currently engaged in exciting, transformative projects with major clients.
As an Environmental Engineer/Scientist, you will work closely with Project Managers to perform regulatory reviews, due diligence transaction projects, and environmental fieldwork for multi-national clients.
- Perform due diligence assessments involving multi-site portfolios and multi-person project teams locally, nationally, and globally.
- Research and interpret environmental, health and safety legal requirements for multi-sector clients,
- Assist with the implementation of Phase II site assessments and investigations by performing fieldwork, data collection; and sampling activities.
- Perform limited environmental compliance assessments at industrial and commercial facilities, and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, provincial, and local regulations.
- Prepare concise reports that assess potential environmental liability risks, and compliance and operational status at multi-sector facilities.
- Work with ERM Partners-in-Charge and other Project Managers to effectively manage projects including management of project scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Communicate with clients, ERM employees, and vendors.
- Begin to develop client relationships by interacting with clients at job sites and supporting the Project Manager with general client management.
- Actively participate in ERMs internal technical communities. Collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute projects. Participate on teams consisting of multi-disciplinary professionals from multiple offices around the global ERM organization.
Who you are:
- BSc in Environmental Sciences; Geology, or Chemical, Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering or related degree.
- 3-5 years of relevant environmental experience.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and technical due diligence reports.
- Strong industry knowledge is required; oil & gas, mining, chemical and general manufacturing.
- Strong hands-on spreadsheet and database comprehension.
- Detail-oriented with mechanical aptitude and hands-on trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills.
- Able to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Willingness to travel to sites that require overnight stays for periods of up to 1 week at a time, as needed, to support field work at sites outside of immediate vicinity.
- Eligibility for professional certification a plus (e.g., P.Geol., P.Eng., P.Biol., P.Ag.).
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and inspired by the success of ERM as a global company.
- French-speaking capabilities are an asset
- Local candidates preferred, or willingness to relocate.
Working with ERM
Our people are the heart of our business and we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community. Here are just a few examples of how we take care of our people:
- Career mapping tools and resources to help you decide how you want to grow your career
- ERM Academy training programs backed up by mentoring and coaching
- Technical communities and Yammer engagement to help you interact with any ERMer globally
- Tuition assistance and reimbursement for relevant conferences, seminars, professional memberships and designations
Recognition Programs & Financial Benefits
- Annual bonus to eligible employees, and awards for going above and beyond
- Save up to 8% of your pay with our Group RRSP
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks
- Maternity leave top-up
Top-notch Medical and Wellbeing Benefits
- Extended medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- Life insurance and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Best Doctors Program
- Exciting client events
- Fun social events organized by our Social Activities Committee
- Get involved in supporting organizations around the globe by collaborating with ERM’s international teams or through the efforts of the ERM Foundation
This is a full-time (40 hrs/week) position. During peak activity, there will be some overtime required.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!