Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Due to continuing growth, we are seeking an Environmental Engineer/Scientist with experience in environmental site assessments and reclamation/remediation programs to join the Contaminated Assessment and Remediation Team in our Calgary, Alberta office.
The successful candidate will:
- Work in cooperation with a multi-disciplinary project team to complete projects incorporating environmental site investigations and remediation, environmental auditing, environmental reclamation, environmental liability and due diligence assessments
- Assist with data compilation, analysis, and evaluation using the application of engineering/scientific principles and problem solving skills under the supervision of a project manager
- Prepare technical documents, including draft work plans, reports, and correspondence
- Assist with the development of technical designs, including design reports, specifications, drawings, and tender documents
- Prepare project support documents, including health and safety plans
- Communicate with vendors and contractors
- Assist with contract administration and cost control
- Lead field work, including environmental monitoring, drilling oversight, remediation system operation/optimization, and remediation contractor oversight
- Research, review and understand provincial and federal acts, regulations and guidelines
- Lead in design and project management meetings with clients
- Create technical reports
- Create charts and figures r
- Prepare project related memorandums/letters
- Proposal writing and cost estimates
- Coordination of field activities, management of field personnel, analytical program set up, and supervising/working with subcontractors
- Coordinate technical resources and personnel including drafting, database, chemistry, and other staff through duration of project
- Lead special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science
- Professional designation with APEGA
- 8+ years of engineering/science experience
- Self-starter and finisher, detail orientated, flexible, team player, and willing and able to do a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude, safety-mindedness, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written)
- Strong technical writing, data analysis, and interpretation skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage a variety of concurrent tasks, and willingness to meet challenging deadlines
- Willing to travel for work and able to conduct fieldwork
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project and Outlook
- Experience with environmental assessment and remediation with Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan environmental regulations and guidelines is an asset
- Extensive field experience is required
- Must hold a Class 5 AB Driver’s license
Our commitment to you:
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.