GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on crafting lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable & balanced development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
The Vancouver, BC office of GHD is growing our team and is looking to add an Environmental Field Engineer or Scientist to our fabulous Contaminated Assessments & Remediation (CAR) team! We work in several different industries including municipal, infrastructure, waste and landfills, water and wastewater, oil and gas upstream and downstream, industrial, pipelines, emergency spill response and energy & resources.
- Working with senior staff for implementing environmental investigations for Stage 1 and 2 PSIs, DSIs and Phase I and II ESAs and remediation work, including:
- Oversight of field investigations, including drilling (various rig types), monitoring well and soil vapour probe installation oversight; coordination of environmental monitoring (soil, sediment, groundwater, soil vapour, surface water);
- Field oversight of remediation and decommissioning contractor;
- Remediation system operation and maintenance;
- Managing subcontractors, analytical set up, and health and safety program adherence
- Completing Stage I PSIs/Phase I ESAs
- Assist with field scope development, scheduling, budgeting
- Assist with data compilation, reduction and interpretation, preparation of technical environmental reports for senior review
- Application of provincial and federal acts and regulations
- Provide mentorship to junior staff members
- Some travel to sites throughout BC and Alberta
- Maintain safety training to conduct environmental contaminated sites work
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Sciences
- 8+ years of experience in environmental consulting
- Professional designation in BC
- Knowledge of BC Contaminated Sites Regulation and associated guidance, protocols, etc.
- Demonstrated experience conducting field work (in particular complex drilling and hydrogeological setting and overseeing remediation contractors)
- Preparation of remediation, demolition and construction tender documents, bid packages an asset
- Willingness to travel to undertake field work, is required (field demands can include working long hours, working in inclement weather conditions, and lifting up to 50lbs)
- Ability to work independently in remote settings
- Experience managing multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail in a consulting environment is preferred
- Must be flexible with project types and responsibilities
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication is required to effectively express technical information to multiple audiences including subcontractors, field staff, clients, colleagues, etc.
- Valid driver's license (an MVR check will be performed prior to hire)
We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee owned company, a professional working environment with career development potential, flexible hours and a competitive salary package based on qualifications, skills, and experience in a privately held, quality driven, and client focused company.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.