Environmental Field Technician (Construction) - ( 19000934 )
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Environmental Field Technician to join our team on a contractual basis based in Vancouver. The successful candidate will participate in many technically challenging projects.
An overview of your role will include:
· Participating and adhering to Golder Construction’s Health and Safety program
· Completion of field documentation such as Job Safety Analysis (JSA) forms, work permits, field reports, field notes, monitoring, and chain-of-custody forms
· Installation and maintenance of environmental protection measures
· Installation and maintenance of water handling systems
· Operations and maintenance of remediation systems including your vapour extraction and pump and treat systems
· General site upkeep including maintenance of fencing, signage, roadways, walkaways, waste
· Assisting heavy equipment with earthworks associated activities
· Reporting to the lead hand / site supervisor for daily work plan
· Working with the field staff including the Engineer and Quality Technician as required
· Over time may mentor and provide technical support to more junior staff as required
· Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
You will have a background in:
· Diploma in environmental, chemical, or similar programs. Candidates with degrees in similar technical programs may be considered
· Experience with pumps and pumping systems is preferred
· A valid BC driver’s license
· 3 years’ experience in environmental field work support or similar (candidates with more years of experience will be considered)
· CSTS, First Aid, Fire Extinguisher, WHMIS, and TDG training is an asset
· Available for extended working hours, when required
· Highly motivated with an ability to work under minimal supervision
· Enjoy working as part of a team and possess good communication skills and a friendly, pleasant manner
· Flexible can-do attitude
· Willing to perform physically demanding work in various weather conditions
· Please note that based on client requirements, staff can be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
Primary Location: CA-BC-VANCOUVER
Employee Status: Contractual
Job Posting: Apr 23, 2019, 6:32:45 PM