Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Environmental Field Technician to join our Environmental Remediation & Water team on a full-time basis based in Terrace. It is expected the candidate will be self-motivated, enjoy working in the field, have a flexible attitude and be willing to support the wider Terrace office as needed.
An overview of your role will include:
- Conducting contaminated site investigations and remediation projects at contaminated sites in British Columbia and the Yukon for clients from a wide range of sectors including mining, oil and gas, transportation, ports & harbours, and government agencies
- Carrying out field work, including soil, groundwater, and surface water sampling
- Preparing and adhering to site-specific health and safety plans to mitigate or eliminate risks to you, Golder's clients, employees, and the public
- Identifying and reporting potential and existing site hazards, near loss incidents and loss incidents
- Maintaining excellent field notes and collecting and handling soil and groundwater samples
- Supervising subcontractors for ground disturbance and utility location, surveying, borehole drilling, groundwater monitoring well installation, test pit excavation
- Overseeing remedial contractors including directing remedial excavations, waste tracking and progress reporting
- Preparing and coordinating project documentation, subcontractors, and equipment for field programs
- Filing and managing all project related field notes including some data entry and assistance with report preparation
- Performing and recording work tasks as requested efficiently and accurately while adhering to current industry standards and regulatory requirements
You will have a background in:
- Diploma in environmental sciences
- Strong awareness of health and safety issues and a safety conscious attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with particular attention to detail and accuracy of field notes
- Previous experience with soil and groundwater sampling is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn
- Ability to take direction and work in both a team environment and independently
- Being capable of working in various weather conditions
- Being able to lift and carry equipment up to 50 lbs
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- A willingness to support out of town assignments for extended periods
- Valid driver's license (Class 5)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and general computer usage
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.