There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here, the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. RIGHT NOW.
At John Deere Reman - Edmonton, failed components are remanufactured to new specifications for John Deere vehicles worldwide. Products remanufactured at this facility include drivetrain and hydraulic components.
Title: 50849952 - Environmental Health and Safety Professional - 62215
Primary Location: Canada (CA) - Alberta (CA-AB) - Edmonton
Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is not available for this role.
As an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Professional at John Deere Reman – Edmonton, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining effective environmental, health and safety programs and ensuring aligned compliance with local and John Deere regulations. In addition, you will:
- Analyze appropriate EHS functional reporting metrics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop recommendations for safety processes/programs to attain and sustain a hazard free workplace
- Coordinate safety audits with representatives of safety committees as appropriate, to identify, correct and prevent unsafe conditions and processes
- Develop, direct and conduct safety presentations and training to promote and sustain awareness
- Review new products, equipment, processes and facilities for potential hazards and compliance with regulatory and company standards, making recommendations if necessary prior to introduction
What Skills You Need
- 5+ years of experience as a safety professional
- Experience with implementing and maintaining a safety/health program including incident and metrics collection, analysis and reporting
- Strong knowledge related provincial and federal safety legislation
- Proficient with standard desktop applications, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with environmental regulations and compliance
- Experience in a manufacturing or factory environment
Education (or Equivalent Experience)
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.
Job Segment:Environmental Engineering, Hydraulics, Law, Compliance, Engineering, Legal