SLR is a leading global consulting firm. SLR teams provide consulting and advisory services to various sectors including oil & gas, industry, built environment, federal government infrastructure, mining & minerals, power, and infrastructure. We provide our clients with advice and support from a network of responsive and growing offices in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Australia and Africa.
Our "One Team" culture is the foundation on which our company is built. Our culture has been cherished and nurtured through almost 30 years of growth, more than 20 mergers and acquisitions, and expansion to five operating regions. The health and safety of our staff, clients, business partners and communities where we operate is central to that culture
SLR offers rewarding careers to all of its staff and values and rewards customer care and commitment as well as technical expertise. SLR provides a healthy and dynamic work environment, challenging career opportunities and competitive compensation and benefit packages. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal and professional growth, come shape your ambitions with SLR.
For more information, please visit http://www.slrconsulting.com
SLR has an opportunity for an Environmental Practitioner in our Edmonton, AB office. The role will predominantly consist of managing and supervision of environmental sampling programs (field work) to be used for site assessment and remediation. Other duties may include spill response and assisting other disciplines (e.g. ecology, hydrogeology, acoustics, air quality, permitting, engineering) as needed.
- Managing and supervising fieldwork programs
- Preparing a variety of environmental reports
- Project development including assisting with proposals, project management, scheduling, and mentorship
- Maintaining client satisfaction through successful project delivery
Technical Skills / Abilities / Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of contaminated site assessment and remediation experience
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for site assessment and remediation
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated skill in technical report writing
- Knowledge and practical application of health and safety requirements unique to subsurface investigations and contaminated sites
- Work well independently including ability to work alone in remote locations
- Experience in upstream oil and gas is an asset
Education / Qualifications / Memberships:
- Degree or a technical diploma in environmental science, engineering, geology, hydrogeology or related studies
- Valid driver's license
- Adaptable and self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Commitment to technical excellence, client care, and safe work practices
- Willingness and ability to travel and conduct fieldwork across Canada
We thank all those who apply; however, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
SLR is an equal opportunities employer. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation. For details of our equal opportunities policy please contact a member of our HR team.