SLR is a leading global consulting firm. SLR teams provide consulting and advisory services to various sectors including oil & gas, industry, built environment, federal government infrastructure, mining & minerals, power, and infrastructure. We provide our clients with advice and support from a network of responsive and growing offices in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Australia and Africa.
Our "one team" culture is the foundation on which our company is built. Our culture has been cherished and nurtured through almost 30 years of growth, more than 20 mergers and acquisitions, and expansion to five operating regions. The health and safety of our staff, clients, business partners and communities where we operate is central to that culture
SLR offers rewarding careers to all of its staff and values and rewards customer care and commitment as well as technical expertise. SLR provides a healthy and dynamic work environment, challenging career opportunities and competitive compensation and benefit packages. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal and professional growth, come shape your ambitions with SLR.
For more information, please visit http://www.slrconsulting.com
We are seeking an Environmental Practitioner in our Kamloops, British Columbia office to assist our current teams with environmental consulting projects across the province of BC. The proposed role within our BC Vancouver Island business will involve collecting environmental data to support PSI, DSI, and Remediation programs field programs as a lead field supervisor, as well as coordinating and managing basic field programs, remediation programs, and general due diligence works. Report writing, and client interaction are expected.
- Participation in all facets of contaminated site projects including PhaseI and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) and remediation projects. Includes project coordination or management, field sampling, and reporting
- Conducting field (data-collection) programs involving sampling and monitoring of soil, groundwater, vapour and remediation system operation and maintenance
- Preparing remedial options analyses, remedial action plans and associated design works
- Planning, reporting and tracking schedules and budget, all as part of project financial management
- Technical Skills / Abilities / Experience:
- Minimum 3 years (5+ years preferred) of experience in contaminated site assessment and remediation programs, including Phase I and Phase II ESA (drilling, test pitting, groundwater sampling, etc.), site remediation, risk assessment and related works
- Solid understanding of current regulatory requirements for conducting site assessment and remediation in BC
- Experience with various remedial techniques (e.g. excavation, biological treatment, in situ treatment, risk assessment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated skill in technical report writing
- Knowledge and practical application of health & safety requirements unique to subsurface investigations and contaminated sites
- Willingness and ability to travel and conduct some fieldwork
- Work well independently including ability to work alone in remote locations and adapt to conditions/resources
Education / Qualifications / Memberships:
- Degree in environmental science, geological sciences, engineering or related studies
- Professional status or eligibility for professional status with a professional organization (A.Sc.T, G.I.T and P.Geo preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with, supervise and direct employees and contractors
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, commitment to technical excellence, client care and safe work practices
- Valid driver's license and access to own vehicle
We thank all those who apply; however, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
SLR is an equal opportunities employer. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact our HR team at email@example.com. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation. For details of our equal opportunities policy please contact a member of our HR team.