Environmental Scientist (Author) - ( 19001261 )
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Environmental Scientist (Author) to join our team on a full-time basis based in Kelowna.
An overview of your role will include:
- Participation in a team environment, working closely with and supporting Project Managers and Field Technician
- Produce high quality written technical reports in support of large and small environmental site assessment, monitoring, and remediation projects
- QA/QC laboratory data and generate tables
- Compare the results to site-specific regulatory guidelines and/or protocols for reporting needs for the various Project Coordinators, Project Managers, and the Project Director
- Generate QA/QC regulatory checklists, forms, and other documents in support of reporting requirements to meet the site-specific project needs of provincial Contaminated Site Regulations, protocols, and/or Guidelines
- Scheduling of field staff and subcontractors
- Conduct field work related to environmental site assessments, monitoring, and remediation projects on an as needed basis
- Create, execute, and revise work plans to meet Project Manager’s needs
- Help with budget tracking
- Participate in the coordination, implementation, and assist in the management of large and small environmental assessment projects
- Co-present and communicate technical reports and documents to clients, regulators, and peers
- Integrate work with other disciplines on projects such as waste management, engineering, closure planning, and other specialist requirements
You will have a background in:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Geoscience and/or Engineering)
- 2 to 5 years of direct experience in contaminated site assessments, site monitoring, and remediation
- Excellent understanding of British Columbia environmental regulation
- Excellent writting skills
- Sound understanding of the need for health and safety procedures in the workplace and possess a safety conscious attitude
- Ability to work patiently with and help train less experience team members
- Strong interpersonal communication and key judgement skills
- Willingness to work in the field on projects as needed
- Experience in the oil and gas sector will be an asset
- A valid driver’s license
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
Primary Location : CA-BC-KELOWNA
Schedule : Full-time
Employee Status : Regular
Job Posting : May 31, 2019, 12:57:30 PM