Environmental Services Supervisor
Grow your career with a company that shares your passion. Our Education Division is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Environmental Services Supervisor for our site located in Toronto GTA, ON.
You like leading a dynamic team? This role is for you. Improving the quality of life of our collaborators and clients.
At Sodexo we care and serving others is our purpose. This generates an authentic sense of pride for us. Improving the Quality of life for everyone we come into contact with is our North Star. If you want to catch the Sodexo Spirit then we have the position you are searching for.
As the Environmental Services Supervisor, you will be responsible for coordinating all activities required for the team related to housekeeping and cleaning.
- Supervises the activities of environmental services staff directly by using both verbal and written instructions in compliance with the guidelines provided by the immediate supervisor and using independent judgment in instances not covered by the guidelines.
- Ensures that custodial services meet the needs of the department, the college, and established custodial guidelines by scheduling work activities and adjusting workloads to compensate for scheduled and unscheduled absences, changing priorities, and special custodial projects.
- Ensures that the quality of custodial services meets established guidelines by inspecting the work of custodial personnel and directing corrective measures to be taken when necessary to meet those guidelines.
- Develops an effective team of custodial personnel by instructing all employees in the proper methods and use of materials and equipment for safe and efficient work performance, evaluating individual performances to meet established standards.
- Ensures that custodial personnel have the equipment and supplies necessary to perform custodial services by issuing supplies as needed, completing request form(s) for replacement items, and storing the supplies and equipment in a secure storage facility.
- Provides continuity of custodial services under emergency conditions or unique circumstances by performing custodial duties directly related to the emergency conditions or as the situation dictates.
- Provides continuity of supervision and leadership by assuming the duties and responsibilities of other Custodial Supervisors as required by special circumstances.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current by attending training and/or courses required by the immediate manager.
- Contributes to the overall success of the assigned department by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Growth and Development:
1-2 years lead hand or supervisory experience in cleaning practises and concepts
College degree or Grade 12
Cleaning equipment knpwledge and experience
Strong communication skills both written and oral
Exceptional customer service skills, build strong relationship
Personal and professional integrity, appearance, and demeanor
Serving Clients and Customers
Drive and Dependability
Building a Diverse Team
Managing Employee Performance and Development
Managing Unit Finances
Managing Quality Operations
Providing Quality Services
Who We Are:
Recognized as a strategic partner, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 80 countries, Sodexo serves 75 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits and Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services. Through its more than 100 services, Sodexo provides clients an integrated offering developed over 50 years of experience. Sodexo’s success and performance are founded on its independence, its sustainable business model and its ability to continuously develop and engage its 425,000 employees throughout the world.
*A wide array of interesting jobs *Nationwide locations *Tremendous growth possibilities *Continuous learning opportunities *Incentive Plans *Rewards & Recognition *Employee Benefits *Flexible Time *Discounts *Committed to People Development *Promoting Individual and Collective Achievements *Diversity and Inclusion *Corporate Citizenship *Hunger Fighting Initiatives *Environmentally Conscious………… To find out more, come visit us at: www.sodexo.ca
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
“We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.”
*Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. *