Mikisiew Advisian Environmental Fort McMurray, AB
Mikisew Advisian Environmental (MAE) is a partnership between the Mikisew Group of Companies and Advisian, the independent consulting business line of WorleyParsons with more than 3,000 people in 19 countries. We provide solutions for clients in the Hydrocarbons, Minerals & Metals, Chemicals and Infrastructure industries. We have combined the deep technical consulting capabilities of WorleyParsons Consulting, Select and INTECSEA with our existing strategy and management consulting expertise. As part of one of the world’s largest engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. WorleyParsons is a company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our customer’s expectations, which is why we manage some of the world's leading projects. Our aim is to recruit, develop, and most importantly, retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Assisting Project Managers in all aspects of project execution;
- Perform tasks as requested efficiently and accurately, using standard methods and techniques;
- Assist in the collection of field data
- Groundwater and surface water monitoring and testing;
- Soil sampling;
- Vegetation assessments/surveys;
- Assisting in subsurface drilling, borehole logging, and monitoring well installations;
- Use, maintain, and troubleshoot equipment;
- Organize, summarize, and present environmental data to support project deliverables (e.g. environmental reports);
- On-site safety supervision of field activities and associated documentation;
- Tracking and reporting of field activites;
- Coordinating the procurement of project supplies and contractor services;
- Supervision of contractors on site;
- Travel as required for various field programs;
- Exhibit a strong sense of integrity and ethical awareness; and
- Exhibit a strong comittment to occupational health and safety practices in all aspects of the work.
- Technologist’s Diploma from accredited curriculum, plus appropriate continuing education;
- 1-5 years of practical experience;
- Class 5 driver’s licence;
- Experience in either the oil and gas industry or mining is considered an asset;
- Familiarity with Argo operation and wildlife surveys would be beneficial;
- Ability to function effectively either as an individual or as a member of a team;
- Communicate effectively;
- Ability to work challenging and potentially extended hours under varying weather conditions;
- Working toward professional certification (e.g. Technologist-in-Training) or recently certified; and
- Member of The Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET) or other technical society would be an asset.
MAE offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Canada and overseas.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviours, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.